Great news

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a few months ago i found a magnetized Lodestone and I looked it up and found they are suppose to bring the finder instant luck which it appears to have done for me. I brought the stone with to the park in Marana, AZ the other day and had it in my pocket while MDing and thought I had lost it and that it and my luck was gone for ever.

Well I just got back from the Supermarket and found the stone on magnetized to my car door so that means it stayed on the door all this time and I never noticed it during the past four days. I got my stone back and it appears I got my luck back :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news! Now get out there and put that luck to work and make some great finds!
Remember to post the pics, we like to see them!

OP
OP
M

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I lost the Lodestone forever and I have no idea how I never saw it stuck to my car door as it was just a few inches from the lock. I bet you the metal from the car pulled the Lodestone out of my pocket?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Melissa Archibald.
Cool story.
I'm unfamiliar w Lodestones. What do they look like and where are they found?
Thanks
Peace ✌

OP
OP
M

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally they are a dark grey colour in different shapes and very shiny, very shiny. When I found mine it was covered with black magnetic sand which probably meant there was gold near by someplace but I didn't pick up on that then, the stone is actually black but mine is more like a dark grey. Where they are normally found I am not sure of I haven't done that much reading on it yet but I have read that years ago they believed if you had one it was power and wealth and instant fortune and luck. Now a few weeks ago I find out I also found an ancient Obsidian stone either used by the Native American's here or the Mexican's as they both used the stone in human sacrifices. I have photo's of the that stone on the site in other articles.

Last edited:

coinBOSSfinder

Nov 27, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bountry Hunter, Now AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW that's an amazing find... Good work, just letting you know some of those lodestones can be pretty pricey, not too much though.. But they can be pretty old old.. Keep up the amazing work, hope hou find some more. If you do, let me know!

coinBOSSfinder

Nov 27, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bountry Hunter, Now AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, they may be not that pricey too, that's what I just heard from a friend.. Maybe about 5 to 37 dollars worth.. Depends what kind of one you have.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This brings back some memories that have been buried in my mind for years. When I was a kid, we called all magnetics 'lodestones'! I never really thought about the difference. Never knew that there were actually 'lodestones'. I'll have to read up on them.
Thanks for the memories, Melissa.

OP
OP
M

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't be looking to sell this one, I lost it once and not again for any price.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well a rabbit's foot is to bring luck also …. But it sure did not bring luck to the rabbit …. Just saying about what i think about lucky charms … Not much….

OP
OP
M

Melissa Archibald

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explain to me then how not more than a week after I found the stone I tripped over my first Quartz with gold all over it and if the rest is the same then I have been finding it ever since with relative ease.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread