CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With either, I presume your budget is approximately $400?
Hopefully, you have factored in the cost of a quality pinpointer, as you will NEED one.
Please locate/view used machines. For $400, you may be surprised what's available.
If you are set on either for a first machine, I would go with the F4. I only say this because, the F4 comes standard with a DD coil. Whereas, the ML305, a concentric coil, last time I checked.
Both are superb starter machines. Wish I had your foresight when I purchased my first detector.
Call �� Bart@BigBoysHobbies. He is a supporting vendor here and will help you.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input, I was already leaning towards the F4 and after researching the DD coils I believe it's the best way to go.

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will get plenty of practice in my yard. 40 years ago the woman who owned the property before us passed away, her family told my father that they searched for a big jar of money that she kept hidden but we're unable to find it even after they tore the house down.. The house didn't have electricity or running water and somewhere on the property is an old cellar.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You couldn't ask for a better place to detect!
Although, go into your hopefully fortuitous venture, with the realization that nothing is there. All else will be a bonus.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Nov 8, 2014
Greeneville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You couldn't ask for a better place to detect!
Although, go into your hopefully fortuitous venture, with the realization that nothing is there. All else will be a bonus.
GL
Peace ✌

I know what you mean, I just hope she didn't use the property as a land fill. At the beginning of the year we pulled out a hub assembly for an old Model A while digging a garden. Her husband apparently worked on them and the purpose made garage is still standing.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
305 is above the first Texas product

liftloop

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F4 is a much faster respond machine than the mnelab and that DD coil is a huge plus. Seen too many of the low end minelabs quickly put up for sale because people lol for the next better quicker it seems. Honestly I hate minelabs customer service department too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread