Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my neighbor received a phone call from someone saying they were the IRS and she owed money.

Today, at 830am, my phone rings, there is a bad recorded message, stating to call back an agent with a phone number.
When I called back, the man asked for my name and case number. I advised him, the recording left no case number, PLUS, how do I know, I am actually talking with the IRS at a 415 area code?
HE HUNG UP ON ME!

So watch out folks! The two telephone numbers that was left with me and my neighbor are:

415-234-9740 and 216-539-4817

If any one you in Law enforcement can please pass this info on to cyber crimes, it would be much appreciated, as the IRS fraud voice mail is full, and I have to go to work. My neighbor tryied to report it yesterday and she wasted half a day on the phone and still got no where. I'd call the local police...... I'm sure they have bigger worries.
Who's policing this stuff? And, everybody be aware and be careful.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the heads up Pat,skeery stuff. Sad thing is,some elderly people might fall for it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://www.callercenter.com/415-234-9575.html

(216) 539-4817 | +1 2165394817 Phone Number Reports

Both numbers have already been complained about on the two above complaint registries.

ALWAYS ask to meet with an IRS investigator in person at the Federal Offices/Building at your county seat.

They are slime - and other scam callers as well. My Mother is in a nursing home and a common call is: "Hi, Grandma (or Grandpa to male residents). Know who this is?" And then they use whatever name the mark guesses: Chris?

"Yeah, it's Chris - my car broke down and I need $2,000 to fix it. Can you help me, Grandma?"

Hopefully there's a special level of hell for these worms.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THEY JUST CALLED ME AGAIN! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

After I get off the phone with the phone company, I guess I'll be calling the police and attorney general in the San Francisco area.
Guess these folks never heard the phrase: Do not know who they are messing with! :violent1:

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Marin Cty PD are real nice ppl! :notworthy:

Best to do, get the word out, make ppl aware. They ARE investigating, but they have their limitations........ :BangHead:
They'll take the numbers, if you call them with them. ok, phone ringing again....... lordy I must be popular today. :laughing7:

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get calls from scammers every single day, one story after another. Also have had my checking account hacked into twice in the last 2 years with more than $1,000.00 taken from me.That said, my hatred for these cretins is tenfold.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had several odd calls, if any one calls wanting money from me all they will get is hysterical laughter followed by me hanging up! I have no patience for scammers!

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get calls daily saying your account is activated for 200,000 dollars for a loan .
What account ?
Who are you ?
This call I say Bauno. Let me go get my teeth hold on .

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Down here on the border(more or less) I just ramble of in Spanish, with every curse word I can remember. Course at this age, with very little money and only possessing a Tracfone cause my relatives and friends use email only with me, I don't get to mess with those folks much. Hola pinche vato. Que paso?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm getting phone calls from a guy that sounds like he's from India, kind of a stiff upper lip accent, tells me my computer is in danger. Don't know what from though, because he's never been past that part of his speal. Last time he called, before I hung up I told him to bend over, stick his head between his legs and kiss his *** good bye. I learned a lot of bad words from a first class boatswains mate who was a bad word expert, and if the guy keeps calling back, I reckon he'll be hearing a few of them that I remember.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, scam. Got one on Friday from a guy named Jim Cocker. Jim had a very heavy Indian accent and said something about assets being frozen and house being seized. I was advised to get an attorney. After listening to the message twice I finally got the phone number but not much more. The number is 866-978-8112. Looked up the number and to my amazement it was tagged as being probable scam. Comments from others indicated that the call was from the IRS. I went back to the message again and did hear him say IRS. I didn't report it as it was already tagged.

stay vigilant,

habs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread