Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your thoughts on throwing a bone to the service personnel in your life? Consider the trash guys and recycle guys, mailman, newspaper delivery, etc.... do you tip waitresses and pizza guys more this time of year? Do you have a specialized service provider?, such as a nail technician, or housekeeper, lawn maintenance, pest control, or water delivery.... where do you draw the line?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just commit random acts of kindness doesn't have to be just at Christmas.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to "overtip" anytime of year. The service industry is tough!
Peace ✌

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought breakfast for 3 Conservation Officers. They were pretty surprised.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to tip someone when it's a never ending cycle of people going through that job. I had considered giving "thank you" gifts to those like my mail carrier, but they always seem to leave before the holiday season.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I tip the waitress & waiters …. I would never tip a mailman here you got some one that has a good paying Gov. job with great benefits & retirement .. and he wants me to tip him for doing his job … I am not that stupid yet and also it is not allowed for post office people to take tips .. I tip the waitress and ones like that for they have low paying jobs poor or no benefits and lucky if they get health insurance … But tip the mailman forget it….The pizza guy yes newspaper man yes they fall in with waiters …. Do i have a nail tech. .. housekeeper … lawn care … Yes i have all those they are my wife and myself… God you are talking to a working man when you talk to me ………

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else want to chime in? Or did Keppy kill the thread?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife owns a dog grooming salon, and her groomers appreciate a tip, after being clawed, bit, pooped on and abused, by dogs, that 'LOVE A BATH', AND "HAVE BEEN GETTING GROOMED THEIR WHOLE LIFE" I don't know how they do it

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Huh that's cool cooper me and my wife own a pet grooming salon also.
Wouldn't happen to know of any groomers that have a decent amount of experience looking for a job would you ? We can find good groomers, just have not had any luck finding honest ones so far.
Hope you have a blessed month.

Mike

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow BC 1969, how about that................We have an awefull time finding groomers up here. We have two full time and 1 part time, all honest, but its tough to find them...........then keep them. Nobody has any work ethics any more!!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
On topic, I have tipped my garbage guys before by taping an envelope to a lids with big letters saying a gift for you haulers. Wasn't expecting it but our cans are always neatly stacked now, instead of all over the place.
As for restaurants if the service is good we tip 20%, this time of year sometimes we tip more than the check. We have had great food and lousy mean waitresses, I'll go and tip the cook then. We are branded generous to a fault in everything we do.

Mike

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone else want to chime in? Or did Keppy kill the thread?
See there i did not kill it … The subject was just changed from tipping to dog grooming .. And i groom my own dog also ………… For remember i am only a working man...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread