Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always great..... but

I think that might be the best damn grouping of banner finds I've ever seen up there. :notworthy: And variety too! Only time you will ever see all three.... Rev War,War of 1812, and Civil War plates. Then there's MA silver, valuable rare American silver, gold coins, big Spanish & French, and some killer relics. I really can't see it ever being better.... at least for what's my taste! :)

Last edited:

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I like the variety of finds. Not just coins or gold. We even have a revolver up there keeping an eye on the goods!

VPR

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that might be the best damn grouping of banner finds I've ever seen up there. :notworthy: And variety too! Only time you will ever see all three.... Rev War,War of 1812, and Civil War plates. Then there's MA silver, valuable rare American silver, gold coins, and some killer relics. I really can't see it ever being much better.
Wow I hadn't really noticed but this is pretty incredible for sure. Incredible variety and some of the best in each. I'm curious to see how Tones makes out with his coin. I've got a connection at Stacks through a good buddy of mine and if ever I auction something I will take a much smaller hit on the percentage. But as we've discussed I can't imagine selling a coin unless it was a life changer. Which is different to everyone but it'd have to be a huge $ for me.
Hey you think I should get my coin slabbed or leave it alone? I'm leaning toward leaving it for now. And I'm sure I've asked you before but my memory sucks

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I hadn't really noticed but this is pretty incredible for sure. Incredible variety and some of the best in each. I'm curious to see how Tones makes out with his coin. I've got a connection at Stacks through a good buddy of mine and if ever I auction something I will take a much smaller hit on the percentage. But as we've discussed I can't imagine selling a coin unless it was a life changer. Which is different to everyone but it'd have to be a huge $ for me.
Hey you think I should get my coin slabbed or leave it alone? I'm leaning toward leaving it for now. And I'm sure I've asked you before but my memory sucks

I don't see any reason to get it slabbed. You know the variety and that it's genuine, so why the need for someone else to tell you this? And having to mail it away and pay for it? Makes no sense to me, unless you want it for the display purpose of being in the holder.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the variety of finds. Not just coins or gold. We even have a revolver up there keeping an eye on the goods!

VPR

Yep, definitely something that's seldom seen up there, maybe never before.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any reason to get it slabbed. You know the variety and that it's genuine, so why the need for someone else to tell you this? And having to mail it away and pay for it? Makes no sense to me, unless you want it for the display purpose of being in the holder.

No I agree. If someday I decide to I can but I have no desire to have to mail it out and pay for it. I can put it in something myself and have the ability to take it out if I want to

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
isn't it cool to have options? I am just happy that someone is finding these banner finds and we get to see them. there are many things that I am ignorant of in terms of what is banner quality or not, I figure some finds would be considered banner by some strictly by the rarity of them in their area, like an LC here in Ark. love learning the history through my digs and those of others.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isn't it cool to have options? I am just happy that someone is finding these banner finds and we get to see them. there are many things that I am ignorant of in terms of what is banner quality or not, I figure some finds would be considered banner by some strictly by the rarity of them in their area, like an LC here in Ark. love learning the history through my digs and those of others.

It is a daily education which is great. I learn something new on here on a daily basis. Any day I learn something new is good by me. That Banner sure has it all

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It is looking pretty good for now , but as it goes there's always the odd one or two things that make one scratch their head from time to time. Examples of that include such things as bottles and arrowheads, sure they're "rare" and stuff but they're not detected as such; since the main focus of this forum reflects items found by detecting devices not eyeballs, it doesn't seem to fit the mould for me. With a focus and emphasis on history ,things like brand new diamond rings and stuff like that that can be purchased off a shelf tomorrow don't really make sense either. Or maybe I'm just picky, in any case I hope to see more of the interesting things up there ; the same ole same ole like every gold coin or items connected to political icons make me feel that in a perfect storm could dominate the banner. I applaud the mods for making banners more deserving and not easy to attain, it makes them more meaningful to the finder and the reading/posting members

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess it could get better! :headbang: Now this is the best banner I have ever seen!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It is looking pretty good for now , but as it goes there's always the odd one or two things that make one scratch their head from time to time. Examples of that include such things as bottles and arrowheads, sure they're "rare" and stuff but they're not detected as such; since the main focus of this forum reflects items found by detecting devices not eyeballs, it doesn't seem to fit the mould for me. With a focus and emphasis on history ,things like brand new diamond rings and stuff like that that can be purchased off a shelf tomorrow don't really make sense either. Or maybe I'm just picky, in any case I hope to see more of the interesting things up there ; the same ole same ole like every gold coin or items connected to political icons make me feel that in a perfect storm could dominate the banner. I applaud the mods for making banners more deserving and not easy to attain, it makes them more meaningful to the finder and the reading/posting members

Its Treasurenet, its about treasure, hence its name. Its not about metal detecting or history per se. A good bottle dump will fatten your wallet quick like. I can go to one of my not so good bottle dumps and pull out enough bottles in a couple hours that will be worth ten times more than all the crap I could metal detect in two years. And its a heck of a lot more fun. A five hundred dollar bitters or historical flask or any good bottle deserves a banner more than a beat up common gold coin worth a couple hundred bucks melt value. But, to each his own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions