Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1106853 It was a nice day, actually in the 40s so I headed to an old house place. This place was actually my grandparents until the late 70s when a lake was put in. the house was sold and moved about ten miles down the road and this part never got close to the water but quickly grew up into a tangled mess of thicket and briars. My wife and I attempted to detect this place last winter with disastrous results... the poison oak put her into the emergency room twice and numerous (5 or 6) doctors visits. So she didn't go this time, I wanted to see how the wireless set up on the AT GOLD would perform in the briars. The last time was a nightmare with the cables getting hung up at every turn and jerking my head around as well as pulling the headsets off. Well the sawbriars still were pretty darn mean, I donated more blood than I wanted to but the wireless setup was awesome! didn't find a whole lot because it is so thick but managed to find some jar lids and glass liners from jars that my grandmother canned. eventually the briars won out and I stopped at another spot on the way home and picked up miscellaneous and clad. the upper portion of the pic is from the house place, the lower from the 2nd spot. the keys had Bobby Labonte and his race car #18 so that was kind of cool too. all and all I was very happy with the wireless headsets, no more having the headsets jerked off along with my glasses.

J hoss

Nov 1, 2014
Western Ky
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the wireless trial. What kind of setup do you have for your headphones?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is the rapoo h3070, the only gripe that I have with the rapoo is that it doesn't have the distinct bell like tones for the higher conductors. this is just a personal preference on my part, nothing that some would mind and the wife likes it so she will be using it from now on. I do love the freedom but am now considering the sennheiser rs 160 which costs about a $100 more. other than that it works great.

J hoss

Nov 1, 2014
Western Ky
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to come up with something myself. HH

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good luck with yours, they are really nice (wireless headsets). just being able to move around while digging without those pesky cables. you will love them

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought I knew every briar out there. But what is a sawbriar? We must call it another name.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the briars with the big heavy duty thorns, like the big crosscut saw blades. you know them because they poke thru your jeans and slice your flesh like it is butter. the vines themselves are tough and seem to wrap around everything and climb high into the trees. between them and the blackberries, you can donate a lot of blood.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
we had a big wild fire years ago and a bunch of volunteer firefighters from up north came down to help, one of them told me that the "brambles" down here were pretty rough.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now I know the ones you mean. Those can slice the heck out of you. We have more blackberry than anything else. But the cockaburs are rough around here also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread