"Coin Popping" Help !!!!!!

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Re: "Coin Popping" Help !!!!!!

I use a screwdriver to "pop up" coins within a few inches of the surface. Just keep probing the general area until I feel something hard. I also have a Corona Comfort Weeder that cost $6 & is made of aluminum alloy with lifetime warranty. You go to the ace hardware site & get the part #, then order it through your local Ace Hardware & there is no shipping charge. The aluminum alloy should not scratch most coins if hit. HH, George (MN)

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II

I don't know.... it's MUD(S.W.A.T)'s diagram, Mud, are you sure that the arrow is facing the right direction?

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT

Monty said:
The coins that are right at the surface or just an inch or two deep, I can usually just pry them out with the edge of my digging tool without even cutting a plug. I use a hand held pinpointer that will go a couple of inches deep so I know exactly where the coin is. My detector will pinpoint my target within a small circle but the hand held will find the exact spot. Monty

Hi Monty -

Thanks for the quick response. I did read the entire post before writing you last time. I guess I misunderstood. When you said, "I use a hand held pinpointer..." , I thought you meant a handheld electronic pinpointer, but you must've meant your probe. ?? (The tool like an icepick with a little ball on the end)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

HH- Kilika

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread