metal detecting down under

P

phillipe

Iam a keen detectorist, And usually go into the outback looking for old Innes, that would be hotels to you yankees and southerners. have found a number of early sights, and usually camp out for a few days, it's all part of the enjoyment. Coins, mostly old english, as this country never got it's currency till 1910/11. Iwork for the railroad in New South Wales Australia. and get a lot of time on broadband to check out your sites.Iwill finish work, retire in 4 weeks after 46 years and 7 months, don't know how I will handle it, a bit frightning, you become institutionalised at some time in that lenght of time in one company. But will head out for a month for some hard detecting. as soon as I get out of this place. Greatly enjoy your sight. Phillipe O'Connell

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well I certainly hope you do a lot more detecting after you retire and share your pics with us! :D Welcome!!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet phillipe....I know your feelings towards retirement...I have worked with the State Patrol up here in SC for almost 30 years...Looking forward to retiring in about 2 more years. I have a son that has 2 yrs left in College and think I will leave about the same time. I can say now that I am looking forward to it but when the time comes, I will probably try and think of some excuses to stay..lol Would love to see more of you on here and see some of those "English" coins. HH my friend and know you will enjoy the retirement.

shellback

Sep 19, 2006
Boy i would love to take my minelab GP extreme out with you down there into those gold fields!!!! someday it's on my list to do/hope your around when i come thru.

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Welcome aboard!
Always good to get more Aussies here ;)
You do well at the old pubs? I dream of finding a sovereign!
Congrats on the retirement!

Hope to see some of your finds.

Goodluck and have fun,
Salvager

Woody14

Apr 3, 2007
Central New York
Detector(s) used
MXT
Welcome aboard Phillipe. Hope to see all of your great finds in the future. My wife is from Australia and im getting her into metal detecting with me. She loves it... at least thats what she say's to me, hehe.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is a retired Railway worker from a shortline railway here in the states. Have you ever thought to seek out maps and locate where old abandoned stations or stops are located? Should be a very good site to hunt. And I always wondered how you guys could become accustomed to metal detecting upside down! M ;D nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread