Special Aid Settings To Find Gold On ACE 250 .....Hmmmm!!!!

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. So I was Googling tips and settings for the ACE 250 to help find GOLD and came across this thread on a different website.

(Link removed by mod for rule violation)

According to this fellow by using this setting increases the chance on finding gold. He's found 41 gold rings using this settings. Has any Ace 250 owners ever heard or used this settings?

ForumRunner_20150128_152212.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to the park and used this settings, I see No difference just a bunch of trash and $0.18 change with two copper 1975 and 1977, No Wheaties yet.

ForumRunner_20150128_193300.png

ForumRunner_20150128_193314.png

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably only works if there is gold where you are hunting. The best settings and the fanciest detector will not find something that isn't there. But it does appear that your detector did find metals that also fall in the gold range.

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what detector we use, or how it's set up, if the coil doesn't pass over gold we won't detect it.
luvsdux

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is why research of potential sites is just as important as the detector. Go to places that gold is usually lost. Beaches, parks, schools, old home sites, places that a lot of people go to or have gone to. Fairgrounds, soccer fields, rodeo grounds, lake and pond shores, swimming holes. Detecting is like fishing. You gotta go where the fish hang out.
Mike Hillis says it best, His Quote:

"I find rings on a regular basis in parks, schools, playgrounds and athletic fields. I am very good at it. I'll share a secret or two.

First secret....understand why you find what you find where you found it.
A good inland jewelry hunter starts out a clad hunter. Why? Because clad tells you the story of activity in the area. Clad tells you when folks pull their keys out of their pockets as they approach the parking lots. Clad coin spills tell you where people are sitting and laying around and what type of areas are the most popular. What parks are the most popular, what parks are not. Clad hunting also puts a number of accidental rings in your possession so that you can start trending their loss characteristics. Trending only requires two things.

1st.. Ask yourself this question, "Why was this lost where I found it?" Remember, the object is to understand why you find what you find where you found it. 2nd.. Look for and hunt locations that mimic those same conditions. If there is nothing there, then ask yourself a new question, "what makes this location different from the other locations?" If you do find something, validate your reasoning by asking the 1st question again. Remember, the object is to understand why you find what you find where you find it so that you can find the same type stuff again.

2nd secret....you have to cover a lot of ground.
This isn't old coin hunting where you spend hours in a 10 foot square area trying to paint every inch of the ground with a brush the size of a quarter, twice. Jewelry hunting requires that you cover as much ground as possible in the time you have to hunt it. That means that your machine has to be able to talk to you and tell you whats in the ground without you having to stop and examine every signal. You need to hear it. You need tone id. You need to hear what your coil passes over and be able to call it's conductive range without having to stop and spend a lot of time over a it or look at a meter or thumb a disc dial. When you hear a target you need to be able to call it on the fly. Iron, alum, zinc, high coin.

3rd secret...you play the odds.
You don't dig every signal. You focus. If you trend a location type to girls small gold, you focus on recovering those type of signals. If you trend a area to mens jewelry, you focus on recovering that range of targets. Those people who say you got to dig it all to find gold are
the accidental ring finders. You want to be a on purpose ring finder, and you find rings on purpose because you trend and focus and cover the ground where they are most likely to be found.

4th secret...you return to these trended locations over and over again.
The situations that facilitate the loss of the jewelry items are often static. They don't change. Which means that often jewelry is lost there again and again and again. These site renew themselves. I take my trends and put them into routes. I run them just like paper routes. You are always looking to validate your trends, so you also rate your routes. A, B, C. The A routes are the proven ones. You've validated them over and over. They may not produce every time you hit them but they are consistent enough that you know if you don't find a nice jewelry item this time there will be something there next time. You always come home with nice jewelry when you hit several A route sites. The B routes are more hit and miss. The characteristics that put it on that particular trend list exists but there is something missing that causes a lack of consistency. Doesn't get the right traffic or isn't in the right neighborhood, doesn't have the right medium to hide the losses, etc. But the occasional items shows up if you go there often enough. I'm always hoping to find that right characteristic that can move a B site up into a A route. Everything starts out as a C site/C route. C sites may just be places I haven't trended yet. Or they may be places that only produce clad that I rehunt occasionally to see if anything has changed, or just un-validated trends."

Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....great advice...Thx

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to your posts of your gold finds. Luck is where preparation and opportunity meet.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Mikeraydj,

Very nice answer to the question! Funny, we seem to think and operate the same way with respect to gold jewelry hunting.

Regards,

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding rings with the Ace250.........You are going to dig a lot of can slaw (aluminum). Aluminum rings up in the nickel range. Gold rings I have found always rang up in or near the Nickel range. I found it best to hunt in the All Metal mode and only discriminated iron. A large piece of iron will still ring up in the silver range....which is dime, quarter on the scale. The all metal mode will give you the best depth capability with the Ace. Look at my profile if you want to see the rings I have found with it since last year. I primarily hunted school yards, soccer fields...etc. There's always gold there to be found. Good luck and don't get frustrated digging the can slaw.......gold is hiding there also if you are in the right places.

ace250diagram (600x450).jpg

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jewelry is my passion, We don't have the relics or the old coins like back East, so I have to go after what is good here. I need to focus on what works since we don't have a lot of beaches. It is just like fishing, the right rod, reel and bait and then go where the fish hang out. I still have a bunch to learn but that is half the fun. Mike Hillis is the guru on the F5 and I have tried to take his advice to heart. His methods work for whatever machine you are swinging if you follow them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread