E-Trac Resale Value

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one in mint condition, I wouldn't sell it for less than $900.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal, I believe you can go to the supporting vendor's section and there are many that accept trades for upgrades. Also they might be able to give you a basic price your unit is worth then you could post it in the marketplace>>> treasure related stuff for sale.

I know there are a lot of members looking for either an etrac or se pro so I do not think your unit will sit for long as long as it is competitively priced.

Best of luck 2 u...

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one in mint condition, I wouldn't sell it for less than $900.

Mine is not mint, got a couple of scuffs on the face (digger divits). Works like new, also have 6x8 coil with lower shaft and a 10x15 coil. approx. $400 for both coils and one extra shaft new. Do you think 1000/1100 is reasonable for the whole package?

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal, I believe you can go to the supporting vendor's section and there are many that accept trades for upgrades. Also they might be able to give you a basic price your unit is worth then you could post it in the marketplace>>> treasure related stuff for sale.

I know there are a lot of members looking for either an etrac or se pro so I do not think your unit will sit for long as long as it is competitively priced.

Best of luck 2 u...

Thanks Sleeper,
I thought about trade in value verses private sale. At least I can get a ball park and then know if I'm getting low balled on a trade in price.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to get lower price on trade in.A dealer needs to be able to re sell it idealy with profit.Just remember seller sees diggers divits buyer sees damage

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is not mint, got a couple of scuffs on the face (digger divits). Works like new, also have 6x8 coil with lower shaft and a 10x15 coil. approx. $400 for both coils and one extra shaft new. Do you think 1000/1100 is reasonable for the whole package?
If it was mine I would ask about $1100.. Minelabs hold their values for years after the initial depreciation....

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Slink I get it, damage vs divits lol.....and trade in, gotta leave dealer room for some profit. Although the minor damage does not diminish the performance, i hear what you are saying.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The screen "dings" will be problematic. Get that fixed and returned with a factory "checkup". You should get your price. Folks initially want a nice ETrac. Additional coils are surely a bonus, but secondary.
Also, do you have an Irish model? They seem to command a premium?
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The screen "dings" will be problematic. Get that fixed and returned with a factory "checkup". You should get your price. Folks initially want a nice ETrac. Additional coils are surely a bonus, but secondary.
Also, do you have an Irish model? They seem to command a premium?
GL
Peace ✌

How would I tell Kid, if it's an Irish model? This is the first time I have heard that term?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would I tell Kid, if it's an Irish model? This is the first time I have heard that term?

I'm sure someone has a serial number range for them. When I bought mine it had a sticker on the box that said it was made in Ireland. The Irish ones were before Codan bought Minelab and moved all manufacturing to Malaysia.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Original box will state origin. Also check serial # with ML.
Peace ✌
P.S. My box states, (beneath barcode), Assembled for Minelab Electronics, Australia under contract by subsidiary of Plexus Corp,USA. Made in Malaysia

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure someone has a serial number range for them. When I bought mine it had a sticker on the box that said it was made in Ireland. The Irish ones were before Codan bought Minelab and moved all manufacturing to Malaysia.

Thanks Kid, I'll check the box, I still have it. I got mine for christmas 2010. Made in Malaysia.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there is no warranty left you'll be hard pressed to get 7-$800 for machine. Trade in will probably be 5-$600.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there is no warranty left you'll be hard pressed to get 7-$800 for machine. Trade in will probably be 5-$600.

I disagree fletch. I can sell 10 year old excals for $700-800...

There is used etrac on eBay right now with current bid of $890, 32 bids and 48 hours left, no warranty.

Another is at $1123 with 2 coils 7 bids and 20 mins left, no warranty.

Recent sells on eBay.

$1099 (2 coils) No warranty
$910, $878, $790, $775, $885, $902, $805, $910 (1 coil) No warranty.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying people don't overpay for these. There's one on another forum with 2 years warranty left with stock and 6x8 SEF in pristine condition. for $1000. That's a good buy.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying people don't overpay for these. There's one on another forum with 2 years warranty left with stock and 6x8 SEF in pristine condition. for $1000. That's a good buy.
If that is going rate used then they are not over paying.

New the Etrac sales for $1550, with a 3 year warranty, if you pay say $850 you saved $700 over new, if it breaks down, you have $700 to pay for it, if it runs 3 years with no issue you saved $700....

Just the way I look at it....

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Way off Fletch, if you're thinking this then there's too much coin in the purse. TH has it pegged good at $1100 for the package, any trade in a person is just lining the purse of the dealer. Simple solution comes at a cost and in a market as ours there's always buyers looking for upgrades. I sold my SE with a broken coil along with two others and it was used original dirt, scratched, worked like a charm. The selling price 3 1/2 yrs ago $800 there was full disclosure and a little section on what the detector had found over it's time used.

It's like an ol' muscle car all show no go, or no show all go. :)

OP
OP
Metal Illness

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody for the input. I think I have a good grasp on the re-sale value. Like I said it works perfect, I never had a single issue with it and have 2 extra coils and 1 lower shaft to go with it. And in all honesty in 2013 and 2014 when I went back to school I bet I didn't use it 20 times during those 2 years. It works perfect and I love it but I recently learned the art of field site hunting and find myself in a lot of iron infested areas. From what I understand about the CTX 3030 it may be a better machine for this type of hunting. That's my reasoning for considering the up grade.

Thanks, Bill

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what I paid for my ctx and Etrac and what I sold them for. Both with 2 years warranty remaining. You can find all kinds of examples of various prices and people over valuing a 3-4 year old machine without any warranty left. Just saying if a person is looking to buy Etrac don't pay $900 for one without any warranty or your cutting yourself short. I sold the ctx, all 3 coils, extra lower rod, extra coil wear kit, pro-swing and carry case for $1700. Could I have haggled around and pieced it out to get more, probably so, but not worth the hassle sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread