Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
being all electric, the words ice storm means potential rough times (over 4 weeks no power one time and almost 10 days last year). you would think that somewhere along the way, the trees close to the power lines would all be cut back far enough. We live in the hills and mountains and last night everything once again is covered in ice. The great news, at least for us is that we still have power and no trees down on our trailer! We can hear generators running not far from us and power lines are down all over but we still have electricity. yep, very thankful and very blessed. our prayers go out to all of those with the heavy snow and ice.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your ok, hope everybody else is also!

Ice storms can be a lot more deadly than snow it takes less of it to cause havoc!
Snow you can walk in or on with snow shoes but ice is a lot more tricky to get around on, practically have to wear spikes!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm dreading the next storm; Tuesday. This could bring wet snow or rain, not good for power lines and roof. I have about three (+) feet of snow on the roof, was able to remove some, but nearly enough for my comfort.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
roof collapse is a reality for a lot of buildings with the heavy snow that is happening, hopefully that will not be a problem for you. My wife is from New Hampshire but has become very cold conscious, she likes to see the snow for one day and is ready for it to be gone. She still has the roasting pan that was her mother's that she used as a kid to sled in, you can see the scratches in the bottom and yes, we still use it. hopefully this will be the last of the heavy stuff for you guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions