Divers find thousands of gold coins

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just sickening, dive club members found them, marine archie steps in, now Israel owns them and divers get nothing.

It goes on everywhere, yet they expect us to report finds such as this, why, naturally so they can steal it away from us.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave it to Israel, not to give the divers anything... :BangHead: God they should at least get a finders fee !! :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mud, its not just Israel, look at what Spain tried pulling, matter of fact they did it to marine odyssey, and to other discoveries off our coast. Look at the USA, if it was discovered off our coast the feds would be all over it, claiming it belongs to them. So I have to disagree with you on the "Leave it to Israel" part ( no disrespect meant )its all countries.

Its free money for those countries to waste, pillaged from the people that worked hard to find it.

I totally agree MUD about them "at least getting a finders fee", I am no expert on the way England handles the treasure hunters and their discoveries over the pond, but to me at least they are trying to show some courtesy to the Treasure hunters over there. But they are the only government to my knowledge doing this, and for that reason, I have to tip my hat to the British government.:notworthy:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I found that I would cover them up, mark the site for later. I would report it and if they said I get nothing I would tell them have fun finding it on your own!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mud, its not just Israel, look at what Spain tried pulling, matter of fact they did it to marine odyssey, and to other discoveries off our coast. Look at the USA, if it was discovered off our coast the feds would be all over it, claiming it belongs to them. So I have to disagree with you on the "Leave it to Israel" part ( no disrespect meant )its all countries.

Its free money for those countries to waste, pillaged from the people that worked hard to find it.

I totally agree MUD about them "at least getting a finders fee", I am no expert on the way England handles the treasure hunters and their discoveries over the pond, but to me at least they are trying to show some courtesy to the Treasure hunters over there. But they are the only government to my knowledge doing this, and for that reason, I have to tip my hat to the British government.:notworthy:

It seems that BM is starting to disclaim more single and even multi gold coin finds lately. It could be the simple fact that they've had to dish out a lot coin for some the hoards that have been discovered. But it's all good and they seem to have most of the wrinkles ironed out of the system a huge leap ahead of so many other countries. I can really see why there is so much looting and non reporting of treasures around the world as the finder gets the stiff one after all the dirty work is done there isn't even a carrot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread