OUCH

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i was tectin with my buds last week and on the way to the truck i saw gold,, turned out to be fake,, but while looking at it at the truck i forgot to put my tector inside,, well,, when i pulled away we heard a god awful crunching sound...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

please don't let this happen to you.....

i have a back-up mxt .......

Attachments

• Poor Marsha 001_1_1.jpg
    Poor Marsha 001_1_1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 443
  • Poor Marsha 002_1_1.jpg
    Poor Marsha 002_1_1.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 446
  • Poor Marsha 003_1_1.jpg
    Poor Marsha 003_1_1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 449

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
oh man... that really sucks Rick.
I hope you get paid back by the MDing gods with some nice finds soon.

:( BDoo

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
EDDEKALB said:
you dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

You are always so direct and to the point.

I saw a crushed White's 6000 Di/Pro once that put this MXT to shame.

Burt

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
This may sound stupid, but review the insurance policy. Property damage does NOT only apply to vehicles. Especially if this was YOUR BUDDY'S detector and YOU were driving (hint hint). Make a claim... the worst thing that can happen is they deny it.
steve

ps... i did this for a client who's hunting buddy leaned his shotgun up against the truck and forgot about it

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Didn't it do the "Beep, Beep, Beep" as you backed up?

ALWAYS pay attention to the Beeps.

Daryl

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
First I just want to say i am sorry for your bad luck! I always set my detector down on the side I am getting in or it goes directly in the trunk of my car. We always talk about fellow th'ers being caring. Obviously not always as the responses you have mainly received here. Also thanks for posting...hopefully some newbies will read and think twice!

I actually made my own swingy thingy so my detector is always with me. I can let it go and it stays right by my side.

Attachments

• corrected sling pic.jpg
    corrected sling pic.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 442
  • corrected sling pic.jpg
    corrected sling pic.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 424

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
See if you can get it to turn on. Don't laugh too hard here. You may have to do a little "work" on it. Pull some things apart, splice a wire or two, etc. If you can get it to show something on the screen, think White's would pay something (maybe a new detector) if they could use your story and picture for advertising about how rugged their machines are????? Could happen. Just like finding gold. Odds are real low but it happens.

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking???

Daryl

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spez401 said:
This may sound stupid, but review the insurance policy. Property damage does NOT only apply to vehicles. Especially if this was YOUR BUDDY'S detector and YOU were driving (hint hint). Make a claim... the worst thing that can happen is they deny it.
steve

ps... i did this for a client who's hunting buddy leaned his shotgun up against the truck and forgot about it
No matter what is said about attorneys...always good to have em around...lol Ok Spez...sometimes....LOL

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
sc hunter

I'll take that as a compliment. Nobody likes me and my bretheren (attorneys) until you need one... or we come up with free helpful advice...

steve

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spez401 said:
sc hunter

I'll take that as a compliment. Nobody likes me and my brethren (attorneys) until you need one... or we come up with free helpful advice...

steve
It was Spez...I deal with your brethren a lot and doggone it...I hate to admit it...I like most of them...Actually hunting buddies with a couple...can you imagine that..me trusting them with guns..lol or them trusting me might be a better thought..lol

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. :-\ Poor Marsha. :'(

Hate to see that GreenONE!
Sad06.gif

staceysallaboutu

Jul 9, 2006
Fonda, New York
Detector(s) used
White xlt/Minelab Quattro
That really sucks, sorry to hear about your misfortune.. Just so you know that you are not alone. I went to a club hunt last year and one of the members there was running late and in a hurry. He put his dfx on the bumper of his trailblazer becase the back was locked and forgot it was there in all the rushing around. He said about a mile down the road he hit a big dip in the road. He looked in his mirror just in time to see his detector bouncing down the pavement.

Stacey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread