DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
003.JPG What do you guys know about these Psycos:laughing7:?So far i know they where made in Japan in the late 1950's and I think they where imported to California and stamped by Kreiss&co.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! I have no idea I thought you found them!
Hope you get I info on them.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
From jeremyriad.com 2012

Psycho Ceramics were a range of zany novelty ceramics made by US-based Kreiss company and manufactured in Japan between the 1960s and 1970s. They are characterized by a crudeness that one might call “lovably fugly”. (Basically, if Precious Moments were on the honor roll, Psycho Ceramics were the dropouts and burnouts.) In addition to the Psychos, Kreiss also made Crazy Creatures, Elegant Heirs, Beatniks, Nudeniks and a variety of weirdo collectible figures, mugs, banks and ashtrays.

Psycho Ceramics

Mike King, the author of the 1998 reference book, Kreiss Novelty Ceramics, is currently selling a bunch of his Psycho Ceramics here on eBay. For $15, you can get a signed copy of his out-of-print book with 273 photos of Psycho Ceramics here. Across the world, RPM, a fantastic-looking shop crammed full of collectible vintage American toys, just got in a shipment of Psychos too.

Psycho Ceramics

Here’s where the plot thickens. Did you know that there’s another meaning for “psychoceramics”? It’s also “the study of crackpots and crackpot phenomena. This includes things such as weird science and pseudoscience, bizarre religion, kooky solutions to the world problem and other things.” I wonder which came first: the science or the ceramics?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little creepy but I do really like the little green guy in the front with the gun to his temple and a hole in it..dont ask me why it appeals to me it just does

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey those are pretty cool! :) A heck of a lot better than Troll dolls... those are really creepy!
Interesting bit of history thanks for the thread. *nod*

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info,didn't realize there was that much to them

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little creepy but I do really like the little green guy in the front with the gun to his temple and a hole in it..dont ask me why it appeals to me it just does
badger,don't do it man!:)

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant help it the wife left me...now she wants to come back!!!
I was married to the ex for Just short of 15 years. I remember in the last year thinking...you know if I shot her in the first year Id be free by now. Geez she had to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread