Check out my finds from a colonial creekfront site in my article on wetreasures.com

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
This article just appeared in the Feb 2015 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures magazine, and is now available for free viewing on Welcome To Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine. Near the top of the page just click on the article entitled "Relics Abound at Colonial Creekfront Site". The complete text of the article can be found here along with a few of the pics that appeared in the magazine. Anyway, thought some of you snowbound folks would like something to pass the time.

Webmaster - if this is an inappropriate post or entered into the wrong forum I apologize, and feel free to delete or move as necessary.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I love your articles and they have lifted my spirits through many of the cold days. It's -21 here this morning. Who knows what the windchill is but I'm not leaving the house. Keep on writing buddy. For a colonial lover like me these articles are very enjoyable and the finds always blow me away. Hopefully some day soon you can read one of mine. Even though you already have lol

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice article Bill. I can really relate. I have collected a few inkwells myself. Native American artifacts amaze me and I love to find them. A couple of my favorite finds near a Colonial tavern site are a War of 1812 Artillary button and another Royal Artillary button from the Revolutionary War. I just imagine the owners of these buttons stopped in the tavern and had to leave abruptly?
Isabel was the first of 3 storms that flooded our home and reeked havock for us in less than a 10 year period. At some point l was taking a break from flood renovation and was reading posts on Tnet. I had been following for a couple of years and decide to join. I came up with StormSurge while contemplating yet another flood.
I have spent my life in the Tidewater region and am very familiar with all that you have described in your article. In many ways it's close to home and I enjoyed reading the article as well as your posts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great read Bill on the site and the potential after the storm surge and the ongoing talks with the neighbour that turned into a permission. The inks are two great looking bottles, having dug many from the late 1800's something older would be on the display shelf for sure.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great article! Growing up I spent several summers camping with my dad all through that area. I still feel a connection to that place. I'd like to go back sometime to see it again. With my detector this time.

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill I love your articles and they have lifted my spirits through many of the cold days. It's -21 here this morning. Who knows what the windchill is but I'm not leaving the house. Keep on writing buddy. For a colonial lover like me these articles are very enjoyable and the finds always blow me away. Hopefully some day soon you can read one of mine. Even though you already have lol

Can't wait to see yours in print Abe. Hopefully soon .....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magazine!?!?! Magazine!!! We don't need no shhhhtinkin magazines!!

We get ALL the special reading we desire, right here on T-Net!! :angry7:

(MAN! Am I EVER gonna catch it for that one! Ducking and running! ;) )

Maybe it's not too late.

Excellent stuff, Bill and congratulations! That article must've taken quite a bit
of time to compose & submit.

Thanks for sharing!

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent Bill! Keep posting 'em - love seeing the colonial relics you find!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Billd love colonial relics and reading stories related to the colonial times . You know colonial relic hunting I find sometimes , is a little more fun than civil war relic hunting because you may see something different from time to time with the civil war but mostly everything is the same. But with colonial relics you never know because even though some may be the same there are some finds that are a mystery ..... Don't take me wrong you do find relics from the civil war that are different but I love to hunt for colonial finds .This is just me , for I do love to find civil war relics ,and just the sport of detecting I still get excited when something colonial or something from the 1700s pops out the ground. Vanzutphen Man this is a real tongue twister reply , need take my meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read it, very cool story. Now I want to head down to the bay in the summer and get hunting for artifacts from early American settlements. :treasurechest:8-)

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks,Bill.I enjoyed your article immensely. Your finds are always spectacular, but what's also impressive is your keen knowledge of the history and the artifacts from it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super article very inspiring!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice article Bill, you are truly gifted in writing. I love reading W&E treasures and think it is cool to see some articles by Tnet members. I really loved the article you wrote months ago about the coppers you found that season, I was stunned that you usually found more silver that copper. I can't wait to read more from you, keep it coming:thumbsup:

I like the two inkwells, eagle buttons, and the SNY plate, along with some cool cut silvers. I like how you incorporated history about the site you hunted towards the end too.

Nice Work, Coinman123,

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, great story and hats off for taking the time to put it in writing. Have you ever tried to locate any privies at this location? A 5 ft probe might be a great investment. This site likely has more than one privy and finding one of them would likely produce some fantastic finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions