OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I have one made by Celestron that is 4X-40X and another that is 8X-130X, I use the smaller one for coin photos for my insurance documentation etc and works pretty well.
Just another idea for anyone looking for alternatives. No insult intended to your choice.

Oh no I'm sorry if I sounded offended. I promise I didn't take it that way at all. I just wanted to make sure people weren't under the impression that the higher the magnification the better for coins. Those handheld units look great. I just liked the LCS screen feature on the one I got so I didn't have to tote around a lap top if I wanted to take the scope with me. I'm glad you told people about the others. It's good for people to have options

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice purchase!

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Deal, I didn't want to get crossways with friends! ha ha. Yours is more self contained, The ones I have you have to use a computer as I mentioned.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Deal, I didn't want to get crossways with friends! ha ha. Yours is more self contained, The ones I have you have to use a computer as I mentioned.

Lol I'm glad you're back. I love this forum and the people on it and didn't want you to think I was offended. I'm very open to others advice and suggestions and am a big believer that the more info we have the better off we are. Thanks

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The one I got is made by Lunatik. They have a few different ones. I got the toughest one they make. Can't recall the name as it doesn't say on it

Thanks Abe I'll look up the cases

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a couple of little battery powered 'scopes, a 2x to 10x, and a 10x to 40x. I also have a couple of the USB 'scopes. One goes to 200x and the other one to 800x. The one you you're talking about sounds like the real deal! I'm not into coins a lot, just some. I have some I've saved from MDing. I also did a little CRH a while back. I have used the 4x you mentioned, but also like to go to a really high power to look at some of the coins for flaws.
I too, like this forum and the people. My only problem with this forum is I spend too much time on it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread