OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all seriousness, I feel for ya, im freakin dying for this measly 4-6" we got around here to just melt away already, I couldn't imagine having to wait for feet upon feet to melt, hopefully soon!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all seriousness, I feel for ya, im freakin dying for this measly 4-6" we got around here to just melt away already, I couldn't imagine having to wait for feet upon feet to melt, hopefully soon!

It sucks bro! No two ways about it

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Errrrp... I mean #6 is out there for ya.

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely beautiful.... but should that guy be touching it with his bare hands?

I don't know enough about coins to know if it will damage or degrade the coin, but if I was holding a museum quality $400K value coin that was 222 years old, I'd probably wear some gloves, or have it inside an acid free bubble or something.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful.... but should that guy be touching it with his bare hands?

I don't know enough about coins to know if it will damage or degrade the coin, but if I was holding a museum quality $400K value coin that was 222 years old, I'd probably wear some gloves, or have it inside an acid free bubble or something.

Normally a numismatic expert would be using gloves. At least he is holding it by the edges which is much better that touching the face. I have no room to criticize as I've held my tree coin before. I've set it on my hand to take pics

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 1793 large cent is one of my favorite old coppers; to me it's a beautiful coin all around.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The areas I've found lately actually are probably too old for that. What to do. At least the woods don't freeze solid,if we ever get down to a inch, I'll be out there looking. What a great coin, would love to see that in the hole:icon_thumright::love10::love10:

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The areas I've found lately actually are probably too old for that. What to do. At least the woods don't freeze solid,if we ever get down to a inch, I'll be out there looking. What a great coin, would love to see that in the hole:icon_thumright::love10::love10:

Funny you say that. A lot of my sites are much earlier than that. I think I'm going to try to hit more late 18th early 19th century sites this season. So many great coins and buttons from this period

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you say that. A lot of my sites are much earlier than that. I think I'm going to try to hit more late 18th early 19th century sites this season. So many great coins and buttons from this period
it's like struggle for me. The early sites have a better chance at a shilling or reale. The younger sites in the Victorian era can give you great buttons, Morgan's or gold. But it could be worse,at least we have a choice on the east coast

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's like struggle for me. The early sites have a better chance at a shilling or reale. The younger sites in the Victorian era can give you great buttons, Morgan's or gold. But it could be worse,at least we have a choice on the east coast

Amen to that my friend. You might say I've got the Mass silver disease now and it's gonna be hard to shake lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions