Them Bones

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I've found bones and pieces many times out detecting, most likely animal bones from the farms I detect on that were used for food; I would imagine that others have done similar.
Are you asking generally about bones, or did you mean other types of bones, human perhaps?

coxmg

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody found a leg shackled wih a bone from the civil war.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug up a grave once. A bird buried in a fruit jar. I put it back.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite often, since I spend a lot of time of time in the woods.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I have found deer skulls before. I once found a fox skeleton which I gave to a friend that like anatomy who makes displays out of animal bones. He ended up getting very very excited when I told him I saw a fox skeleton and started asking for coordinates and such so I went out there with a garbage bag and grabbed it for him. He was thrilled and worked on the display right away.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many times while relic hunting in the woods I have found animal bones; mostly deer.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
years ago my cousin found a mound and started digging. It was near old gold mine and i had a bad feeling about it. In the area also was an Indian camp where we found beads and arrows. All of a sudden he started yellin for me and i walked over to him. He had a human skull with a large hole in it in his hands. We called the sheriff and they came out for a look. After 3 weeks we got a call from the sheriff of what they thought it was. They said it was not indian but maybe the bones dated to about the 1920s. We went back and the area had no trespassing signs everywhere.

hoser

Jan 11, 2006
Northern Michigan
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AtPro
Yes, but just animal bones in the woods. Deer, coyote or dog, and the occasional bird of some sort. But that's it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread