pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's for sure the gold is probably gone and they're not going to recover it unless the investigators can find a paper trail, which in the "high payment" (lol) cash for gold places is non existent for obvious reasons.

The guy(s) who now hold the gold maybe were ticked off at the guy(s) who had the gold, disgruntled employee(s) maybe?

Well if any of us over hear a conversation in a local coffee shop about the robbery there is a $50,000 reward.
Do they ever really pay out those rewards? The cop who found Whitie was short shifted by a socialite from Sweden, and she got the reward so they say.

You certainly have cornered the horse shoe market, with a never ending supply!

There's probably no paper trail, sold before it was stolen, discounted to another party and they take the risk, or it was done for somebody else and it was just a cash transaction for work well done. Either way the ones that are involved look at it as just doing business and the insurance company pays out after the investigation is finished. The end result is there's a rate hike on all the policy holders that have insurance and the general public ends up paying for the loss over the long run.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The general public always gets the short end of the deal, even if the thieves were caught, there would be a trial paid for by the tax payers.

I'm wondering who will get fired over this, the managers or the drivers? And will there be a change of transport companies after this? Maybe the insurance co will insist on GPS tracking systems from now on.

I guess I can put the detector back in the closet! :laughing7:

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the gold and silver ever recovered?

Google produced nothing. Appears as though they got away with it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they found a bar in somebody"s possession trying to sell it, but no word on the rest of it or other people.
It is a mystety...so far.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that looks like one of the best treasure leads I've ever seen. I would love to have Karl von Mueller's tips and insights into how to research this one. I would start with the hypothesis that it was an inside job by the transporters. Did any of their lifestyles change for the better? Did they buy rural property? Did they suddenly move following the incident? What was their previous legal history?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking if we come up with those conclusions so would investagators, & they would be watching those people & their activities very closely.
I'm guessing plans were made before The heist to hand off the gold to another party, that either hid it or got rid of it quickly with pre-made arrangements.
In this case as with any treasure handling...silence is golden!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well tick tock .. did they melt it down into small bits and sell it off a small bit at a time .thru a unknown cut out man ..smurfing it as they say

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread.

Were the gold and the perpetrators located?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Old thread.

Were the gold and the perpetrators located?

The gold was buried in Pennsylvania and recovered by the FBI. FBI sold it to Russia where they promptly dropped it out the back of a freakin' airplane onto the tarmac. A member in great standing on this site led the FBI to the gold, silver and gems but the FBI screwed him out of it. When the FBI was conducting the dig, he was asked to sit in his truck, out of eye sight of the dig. Undercover of night, the FBI swooped in with helicopters and a few black ops type trucks and made off with the gold. Said member has lawyered up and taking the FBI to court. FBI has twice denied finding anything and twice have said that it's an ongoing investigation.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you 1320. I would expect no less from our wonderful FBI.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I happened to be a thief and this was me with the gold, I would be casting gold rings and earrings and going all around the country to jewelry stores, auction houses or whomever buys gold and selling them for scrap value. I would call it my Yellow Brick Gold-Road trips. Just map them out and take weeks at a time going to hundreds. It would never raise any red flags and most likely paid in cash, no way it could ever be traced and easy to flip it. If any needed Id's, I would have a fake one and go by the name Jussie Smollet too!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread