Headphone Advice

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
What about wireless. I have been thinking of changing over, but I hear there are issues with lag. Mmi dont like wearing phones out in the country due to rattlesnakes. You cannot hear them with phones on.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about wireless. I have been thinking of changing over, but I hear there are issues with lag. Mmi dont like wearing phones out in the country due to rattlesnakes. You cannot hear them with phones on.

Wireless doesn't lag as badly as bluetooth 2.0. BT4.0 is much better about lag. Also, I like to use earbuds whenever possible due to rattlesnakes.

Mike

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody has said anything about wireless. I am tired of the dang cord getting in the way every time I get down to dig so I purchased the TDK 700. So far they are great!

Look up at post #7. I tried "cobbling" up a set of earbuds with a wireless Scosche FM gizmo that works through an .mp3 player. Too much background hummm from either the internal circuitry or EMI.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody has said anything about wireless. I am tired of the dang cord getting in the way every time I get down to dig so I purchased the TDK 700. So far they are great!

Thats what I am using, and I like them.

old geezer

May 14, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Fisher CZ3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

Received the Gray Ghost NDT and the Killer B Wasp headphones today. I had a bit of time to play around with both, all I can say is what a difference in sound quality over my inexpensive ($40 - $60) set(s). I cannot wait to work with them in the field.

Regards,

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

Received the Gray Ghost NDT and the Killer B Wasp headphones today. I had a bit of time to play around with both, all I can say is what a difference in sound quality over my inexpensive ($40 - $60) set(s). I cannot wait to work with them in the field.

Regards,

It sure makes a difference having quality headphones, and it's good to hear that you're liking already.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Regards,
They can literally make the difference between digging your best target ever or passing it by. Love my Killer Bs

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alas, a few years back I e-mailed most of the, "big" name headphone companies inquiring about wireless headphones made specifically for metal detectors. Almost all replied within days and the answers were virtually the same...Not enough interest to justify R & D. Mhew!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread