Been Painting to get me thru the winter!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was big into art in high school then drifted away from it, wish I hadn't. My son started painting awhile back and asked me to join him. I did one posted on facebook and got a lot of positive feedback, even started selling them to people contacting me. Having a lot of fun and making some side cash as well. Just wanted to share some of my work I have done so far.....did a few artistic nudes as well, but will not post them due to family nature of the forum.
cool.gif
cool.gif

2nd.jpg 1st.jpg 4th.jpg 5th.jpg 7th.jpg 9th.jpg 10th.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! You are passing time, getting paid and having a good time doing it, plus spending time with your son.

WTG! :icon_thumright:

My winter hasn't been quite that enjoyable or profitable....but the white stuff is receding in rapid fashion!
We can actually see a neighbors car and old dryer that has been buried all winter. :laughing7:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could get motivated.. just keep reading these forums while the painting I stated months ago sits.. Obsession makes for good outcomes, if only I could switch obsession faster..

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see why people would want you work!

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are really good. I have zero talent in that department so my winter hobby is building muscle car models. I do, however, paint them very well...heh.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I intended to get back to my firearms repair this winter; but didn't. Kinda like Airscapes said, I have sat here on the forums and read and typed, and didn't do what I intended to do. A few years ago, I bought several guns, not at the same time, and refinished them. A couple of them, I noticed the last time I had them out, are needing a little more attention. The bluing is faded a bit. I was going to go through each one this winter and do what was needed; but alas, I didn't. I can't get out and MD much because of health, but can do the repair bit and enjoy it. Oh, well. I'll get to it in the future. It's not like the guns are going to 'ruin' if I don't get to them right now. lol
I really think you have talent. Your pictures are wonderful. I wish I could see some of the nudes! hahahha!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the dog painting! I can't draw a stck figure bro so anybody with talent like yours has my respect. Oh yeah you don't suck at finding treasure either

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's pretty darn cool right there!, I can draw a pretty mean stick figure myself
total lack of talent on my part lol!!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And his nudes aren't vulgar! I've now seen some of them. Great work.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some really nice paintings and you have great skills! I use to do pencil drawings of landscapes such as fields and fields with mountains in the background and was pretty good at it. However, I don't draw or paint people because even though I can get everything from the neck down nearly perfect, I just can't do faces. I did a few faces when I was younger and they were probably the reason the term "Butt Face" was coined, LOL!!

Frank

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the kind words! I appreciate it!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've drawn cartoons, illustrations for comic books and painted in oil and acrylics. Mostly I push the pencil around the page.
But you have that certain style that is classic and excellent in use of colors and form.
Your artwork is awesome!
Best of Luck!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just delivered this abstract portrait today....painted it for the mother of the son pictured

IMG_2691.jpg IMG_2692.jpg IMG_2688.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread