Cant find info./maps

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find info./maps

If this gets moved I understand,

I have found an old foundation below grade on my Uncles Prop. I have explained this in some of my other posts, so I won't elaborate.

My problem is no one knows of a structure ever being there, local library and the municipal have not helped. The map sites mentioned and or advertised here do not have the township and right age I am looking for.

If anyone knows where I could find info. on lower milford township of Lehigh county pa maps, plot, or something, from the 18th early 19th century I would be much obliged, I really want to know what I'm searching.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Re: Can't find info./maps

Have you searched the site at all? If there was a structure, there should be material left to find. This is one of those times you want to dig the "crackle" sounds of rusted iron. Try to find out what the oldest nails you can find look like. Screws and hinges too. If it is REALLY old, the nails may be too far gone to recover and examine. Nails have a pretty clear history and could help narrow the time frame - hand wrought, cut, etc. Screws and hinges will work if there are no nails. If you can do that, you can look for maps closer to the real time the structure was there.

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions