Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am lucky to have been hunting nearly all winter even if I did have to travel at times.I started my new years resolutions for md'ing and I think they are paying off.below are mine...what are yours?

1)go back !! Some of the areas that gave me trouble(trash etc.)when I was less skilled are getting a second look and its working out.
2)slow down..I am hitting areas I hunted hard(snow play)and really taking my time.putting my coil up under bushes,working over the low percentage spots.
3)do recon...I spent 2 saturdays this winter watching the chaos along the highway.the sled crowd defies logic and must be observed to be believed.suicide runs into nasty crash zones etc.

between the wife and I we pulled 9 rings(3 gold)an asst.of other jewelry,ton of clad...basically we killed it in places we already hunted hard.nearly all we found was older drops as this winter had limited snow play.(not much snow).

its the begining of a great season...time to do something differant?
cheers

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really a New Year's resolution but I plan to get back to detecting on my lunch-break now that I am at a different job with an opportunity to actually get an hour to play at nearby sites.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My resolution was not to make any, so far this is the only one I have been able to keep! Lol!

I would like to go back over some places and dig everything, all signals, and see what I get.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made a similar list more about prospecting but it's a good idea i have already started. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread