Some people are idiots, THE PROOF!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm out traveling and found this ad in Mississippi. I saw the same ad a couple of days ago in my home paper in Florida.

It can't be cheap to publish this in all the states, but the ads are essentially identical, just individualized for your particular state.

This is an exciting offer which you can't refuse. The pure silver Vault Brick is being released after discovery and you are lucky if you live in Mississippi (or Florida or any other state) because you can get a one ounce Silver Vault Brick for FREE! Yes, for FREE!

The World Reserve is willing to give up five additional silver bars for just $57 each! (you must buy all 5 to get the free vault brick)

Yes, $57 an ounce!

There are apparently enough people out there willing to pay $57 an ounce for silver that this company can afford to publish full page ad's in hundreds upon hundreds of newspapers around the country.

They have set up special toll free overflow hotlines to ensure all residents have an equal opportunity to get them. They are bracing for all the calls and doing everything they can to make sure no on gets left out.... hurry!

...and here is your proof showing how absolutely stupid some people are.

silver.jpg

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lmao...some of those idiots actually vote..I got proof

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I'm jumping on that before someone try's to muscle in on my good fortune

1shotwade

May 29, 2014
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
white 4900/d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah! "So just send $285 to my PO BOX and i'll get this stuff right out to you in the mail!"! Disclaimer: Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery! (or maybe never) At least that'll give me enough time to get out of the country with YOUR money!

Wade

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.I.B.,

Thanks for the chuckles.....if anyone falls for that they deserve to get burned....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
G.I.B.,

Thanks for the chuckles.....if anyone falls for that they deserve to get burned....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Apparently a lot of people are falling for it- otherwise they couldn't afford the advertising...

So sad- what a dirty gene pool~ *sigh*

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.I.B.,

I checked and you should be able to pick them up for $19/20 per ounce so say $120 u.s. versus $285.....nice little profit margin if you ask me.

Regards + HH

Bill

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's how it goes. The company buys the silver for $15, they make it into a bar for under a dollar. They sell it for the price that I paid for an MS-64 Morgan dollar or three GOVERNMENT STRUCK American Silver Eagle one ounce COINS. That is so stupid, I would prefer an American Silver Eagle to one of those yet they charge 3+ times more

2015-american-silver-eagle.jpg
PCGS MS-64, I paid $60.
morgan silver dollar.jpg

Last edited:

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't a problem, I bought some with the $345 million dollars a guy in Liberia is sending me for helping him transfer money

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If folks are stupid enough to pay that kind of price for one ounce Silver Bricks, I wonder what they would pay for a one ounce Silver Rubber Ducky??:icon_scratch:

Frank

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, they use to sell "Pet Rocks".....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, they use to sell "Pet Rocks".....

I have one. Named it rocky... It never eats the food or drinks the water I give it... and the darndest thing... it never dies...
best 100 dollars I ever spent....
best pet too... only have to dust once in awhile.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one. Named it rocky... It never eats the food or drinks the water I give it... and the darndest thing... it never dies...
best 100 dollars I ever spent....
best pet too... only have to dust once in awhile.

Pet Rocks

Ridiculously Rich Person Behind It: Gary Dahl

Estimated Profit: $15M in just the first six months

The idea of selling a rock is about as ridiculous as it gets. But one man figured out how to sell them and make millions in just a few short months.

Dahl, a former advertising executive, sold his rocks for $3.95 on a bed of hay. Each sale earned him a profit of roughly $3.

He sold the rocks as "hassle-free" pets, complete with a pet training manual and a card board box fashioned after a pet carrier. The rocks were an instant hit and turned into one of the greatest fads of all time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/9-ridiculous-ideas-that-made-people-ridiculously-rich-2011-3?op=1

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one. Named it rocky...

I don't get it....

Wait- maybe......

It's coming to me-

drink.gif

Now I got it... just took a little fermentation to loosen up the brain cells.

Hahahahaha Rocky- that's funny.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, lots of people are just plain stupid! Lots more evidence if you just keep your eyes and ears open. The stupidity that flows from so many people would be funny if it was so pathetic.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I worked for the National Weather Service close to 33 years and was accused so many times of using one, my' Pet Rock doubled as an "Ye Old Indian Weather Rock" until I retired. Since retiring, it hasn't complained of not being stuck outside from time to time but of course, it never complained anyways, at least to me. I guess if it did, it would be time to be off to the "Funny Farm" (for me, not the rock)!!:laughing7:

Frank

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I worked for the National Weather Service close to 33 years and...
Frank

So YOU'RE the guy... I knew one day it would slip and we would find out who you were...

Do you have any idea of how many picnic's and fishing trips you've ruined?

Bad Day.gif

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little while ago I saw a 1lb copper bar that had a stamp on it, sold for $32. Same one are selling online for under $10 That quote comes to mind " There's one born every minute"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread