SHERMANVILLE

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a sad subject... I would hunt with my sister who passed away in 1997 from a car crash "Aura" Before I was into hunting.

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
tenbears

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
What a sad subject... I would hunt with my sister who passed away in 1997 from a car crash "Aura" Before I was into hunting.

Keep @ it and HH!!

not trying to make you or anyone else feel sad. Just wondering because its all to real and somthing to think about.Didnt mean to bring up bad memories,i'm very sorry for your loss. :(

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends.

Am I going out in a Blaze of Glory ?

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Sort of like what a friend of mine said. He said that if he only had weeks to live, he would go hunting in Yellowstone National Park. Sort of the hunt of a lifetime with no consequences for breaking the law and mowing down Elk, Moose, Bear, etc. all in one day and all from the safety and comfort of your car.

If I had one hunt left, I would go to a place where the scenery was wonderful, the air clean, the only noise being that of rushing water and natures creatures. I would sit and ponder all the good times I had metal detecting, the amazing finds, and the unexpected encounters. I would remember the friends I had made while detecting or talking about it. I would remember the things I had done to help people find things or returning family heirlooms that were long lost. I would remember being at peace. I would prop my machine against the closest tree and walk away.

Daryl

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BioProfessor said:
Sort of like what a friend of mine said. He said that if he only had weeks to live, he would go hunting in Yellowstone National Park. Sort of the hunt of a lifetime with no consequences for breaking the law and mowing down Elk, Moose, Bear, etc. all in one day and all from the safety and comfort of your car.

If I had one hunt left, I would go to a place where the scenery was wonderful, the air clean, the only noise being that of rushing water and natures creatures. I would sit and ponder all the good times I had metal detecting, the amazing finds, and the unexpected encounters. I would remember the friends I had made while detecting or talking about it. I would remember the things I had done to help people find things or returning family heirlooms that were long lost. I would remember being at peace. I would prop my machine against the closest tree and walk away.

Daryl

Well said, Fossis.................

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sort of the hunt of a lifetime with no consequences for breaking the law and mowing down Elk, Moose, Bear, etc. all in one day and all from the safety and comfort of your car.

I'm usually on the same wavelength as you Prof, but the above is not a hunt by any of my definitions. :'( I know that wasn't your comment - just a quote from an acquaintance.

This topic brought back wonderful and sad memories for me. Here is my traditional bowhunting mentor and best friend - pictured during his last hunt, though neither of us knew that then. Had a heart attack while testing a Moto Guzzi he had restored the next Spring just after his 60th birthday. Neither of us took a deer that hunt, though we saw several. The jawing around the campfire and stump shooting mid-day more than made up for some meat that never materialized. The bateau is one I made and we camped beside the lake for four days in a remote spot.

Gary.jpg

Back to the question - it wouldn't matter where I was detecting as long as I had some friends around to share the hunt. Laughing about bottlecaps and pull-tabs with some friends would be better than finding gold alone.

Save me a spot by the campfire, Gary.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Meet with all my past MDing aquaintances, from The New England Treasure Finders Assoc.(loved those hunts), my regular detecting buds, and to a now-unknown Iron Brigade member I had the pleasure to hunt with once at "The old park".

We would all pile into a "Time Machine", and go check out a few places throughout history. Go to a popular old beach in late 1964 ( we'd be hoping to find the new "clad" coins ). Yeh, 1964 would be the best year to go back to anywhere in the U.S.

Can you imagine going back in time to Rome, Athens, Constantinople, Jerusalem, or how about the old Incan and Mayan cities! WOW!

Then go have a big old Barbecue at Stonehenge or how about New Zealand!

...........HH

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I wouldn't care where it was, as long as I was finding pennies for my two kids to pluck from the holes. The smiles and excitement they get when they see one, is more rewarding than finding a cache of old coins.

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
I had a heart attack about 3 years ago, so I consider myself definitely on "borrowed time". I am told I am in decent (not good) shape, but since that day I consider that any day may be my "last". If I could hunt anywhere without repercussions, I would have to say Washington's Crossing Park, and Bowman's Tower. I think most of the stories about the place are just that: stories. At the same time. I think I'd like to hunt it, because I can't. :-)

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
If I knew it was my last hunt, it would be with my kids, my remaining family members and my friends...wouldn't matter where, just the time spent together with people you care about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread