I blame all of yall for this

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
I blame all of ya'll for this

So there I was, doing an i'net search a few months ago.
I stumble across this site and lurk about for awhile, reading posts until I was cross-eyed.

Now here I am. Pacing the floor until my new MD is delivered. I've already researched about a million possible search sites while waiting, and can't stand it any longer!

There. Are you happy that you did this to me..... >:(

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I blame all of ya'll for this

Hahahaha...next thing you will be chasing all the UPS trucks...lol It is addictive and welcome to TNet..you will love both..the site and detecting...HH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

ah another one.... welcome to the parlor said the spider to the fly...welcome remember the rules ---learn thy machine---read thy book,reread thy book if needed till you understand----pray for understanding---do not kill your machine --the machine is your freind---learn to listen to it so you will know what its saying to you.---you will dig pull tabs if you want gold rings/gold items-- accept this its a given---know that with practice and time (lots of both) you will get better
P.S. you ain't getting rich from this most likely.--- you must post your finds with lots photos of course----just thought I'd warn ya. ;D by the way which machine did you get? is the schooner from---cheaspeake area md ? Ivan

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

ivan salis said:
P.S. you ain't getting rich from this most likely.----just thought I'd warn ya. ;D Ivan

You will probably dig up more pulltabs than you knew existed, but when you do get your first corroded 2005 Zinc penny dug up, you will know the joy of finding something, someone has lost and you found it!! The thrill is the hunt, and not knowing what you will dig out of the ground next.

Welcome to the addiction !!!! :P
Have fun !!!

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe

WhoooHoooo !!!!!
Gather 'round boys and girls, we got us another one !!!

Welcome aboard Lafitte !!!

Be sure to check your yard, it's likely that someone was there before you.
No telling what they lost. ;)

Ima

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to treasure net, and if you think you got it bad now, wait till you find your first gold ring!!!!!! ;)

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Welcome to Detectorholics Unanimus!

Hi my name is Toby I have been addicted to metal detecting for ...er....uh... a while hehehe.

Once you have been bitten there is no cure!!

Post lots of pics and stories!!!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

we corrupted another one! You know someone out there should start keeping a tally! To keep you in line remember you only have a problem if:

1) the ups guy takes out restraining order on you for stalking
2) your back yard looks like a minefield
3) real estate agents know your name make and model of your car
4) you subscribe to the newspaper just for the lost and found section
5) the guy at the jewelry store feels sorry for you and offers to give you a ring that is real gold
6) kids follow you around in the park dropping coins for you
7) you own every garden tool in wal-marts garden section because you are too cheap to buy 1 really good tool
8) you have enough stuff to open an antique store if only you knew what half of the stuff was
9) your family thinks your having an on line affair with someone with the screen name TN
10) You are forbidden to bring your detector to any family functions, school events, work, and you are banned from volunteer work at the nursing home something about the frequency interferes with pacemakers.

Welcome to the group and best of luck

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Hey, I found one of my neatest finds at a family function one time, LOL! A brass letter opener with cherrywood handles, engraved with that 6 armed Indian god (Vishnu, I think). Out in the middle of the woods, I have no idea how it got there..... am I rambling again? ;) :-[

Don't worry, your friends here won't think you're weird, even if everyone else does!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

You better have a good camera too, we like lots of pictures to go along with your posts. Get back on Ebay and get that ordered too. LOL Welcome aboard, HH

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just wait until you get a stiff neck from turning your head to fast when you drive by old homes. You have so much to look forward to. ;D

Ed D.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

grinsmiley.gif

Welcome to TreasureNet La'fitte! :D

Nana :)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Welcome to TNet Lafitte. Good luck with your new detector and keep us all posted. Pictures help. 8)
As far as research goes, when you click on a link and get this.(see below)..then it's over. ;) HH!

The End of the Internet
Congratulations! This is the last page.
Thank you for visiting the End of the Internet. There are no more links.

You must now turn off your computer and go do something productive.

Go grab a detector, for pete's sake.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

If you think metal detecting is addictive, you haven't been on this site enough. Take a look at all the post in the middle of the night. Your addiction to metal detection is directly related to the amount of time you spend on this site. The more you detect, the more you visit this site. The more you visit the site, the more you detect. And it just gets worse. And remember there is no 12 step program.

Consider yourself changed. Your right arm will now hurt more than it used to. You will realize how difficult it is to stoop over and dig. You will appreciate the days your knees don't hurt. You will never look at an old house the same way again. You will not feel embarrassed wearing 60's style headphones in a large group of people. You will realize 8" is more than you thought. You can justify spending $1000 to find pop tops and Lincoln cents. You can justify using a half a tank of gas to find 63 cents. You will carry around 10 pounds of scrap metal for 6 hours and think it is fun. You will think people who come over to your house would like to see your collection of dirty clad coins and hear about your finding them. You will think finding more than 50 cents an hour is a good day.

This place is like the Hotel California - You can check out any time you want but you can never leave.

Welcome to the group. Have fun and keep us posted with you finds, questions, and comments.

Daryl

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Lafitte said:
So there I was, doing an i'net search a few months ago.
I stumble across this site and lurk about for awhile, reading posts until I was cross-eyed.

Now here I am. Pacing the floor until my new MD is delivered. I've already researched about a million possible search sites while waiting, and can't stand it any longer!

There. Are you happy that you did this to me..... >:(

Absolutely ecstatic!! ~happy dance~ Welcome to the addiction and the family! :D

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bwa ha ha ha ha. Good. Goooood. We have another lamb in our flock.

Soon you'll be cruising suspiciously past school yards - waiting for the kids to leave.

You'll have boots, and then hip boots, as mud will become your constant companion.

You'll start at the shovel isle in hardware stores instead of power tools ("Snort, snort!").

You'll begin to carry your gear in the trunk for "just little trips" and sneak snatches of hunts on your lunch-break and ride home.

Excellent. Exxxxcellent. Bwah ha ha ha ha!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Toooooo funny! Yup you will never be the same again. You'll be late for everything, including work. I need to post my finds. I need to see what everyone is finding. I need to check my TN mail. I need Treasure Net! Welcome to the addiction!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

(peter lorriee voice) you don't find us replusive do you? he he. ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

BioProfessor said:
This place is like the Hotel California - You can check out any time you want but you can never leave.
Daryl

Daryl... that we agree on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread