HUNTING PRIVATE PROPERTY

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice write up, I enjoy reading about asking permission on private land! ! I think we can all relate how it can be nerve-wracking to knock on a strangers door

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a good write up, and I too am shy when asking permission. However, you can get it if you don't ask.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
American Pickers do it all the time.

Maybe it's just me but I think the folks who get their doors knocked on by the pickers are pretty much aware of what is about to happen before they even turn in their driveway,besides, according to the show, they call the pickers asking them to come. I think the popularity of the show is enough to get them on any property they want to go to; there's probably a long list that they will never see because it won't make for good tv.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the old topo maps they will show old roads and homesites even though they have been gone a 100 years. Kinda narrows it down on who to ask. It is getting harder and harder to get permission but the more people you ask the better the odds. I get most my permission by asking other people that know someone. Net work. Even if you get a no they might point you in the right direction if you come of polite.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talk to every one about what I am passionate about and the benefits of it. That gets my foot in the door and usually an invitation to hunt the land

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and/or perhaps tell the property owner that you're willing to split the treasure 50/50 right down the middle, when you find it.

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I would offer 50/50 off the bat, if it wasn't for your time and your machine/gear, the relics would never be discovered. ... but in turn you would have the land to hunt...I guess what im saying is I would use splitting everything as a last resort

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many places to hunt besides your neighbors yard. Research, then ask if it looks promising. Folks been detecting since the 70's. Those old coins getting harder to find. I concentrate on new drops, less digging, faster recovery rate, and I get invites all the time. Just smile and be friendly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions