1st hunt of the new season!

search_and_find

Dec 27, 2006
Springfield, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
I'm so excited! Spring has finally sprung here and I am taking the detector out of the closet today and heading out...I think I'll hit our local beach...very small beach. THen maybe the outing club. I have to get in all the hunting I can before I have to have surgery and might be out of commision for a few weeks. :-( maybe I should hold off on surgery till winter and the ground is frozen and I can't dig! LOL Probably not.
Does any one have one of those metal picks that are magnetic? We saw one on TV last night...do you usually carry a magnet w/ you? I hadn't thought of that before lastnight...can you tell I'm new at this? LOL

Happy Diggin!
Sarah

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Enjoy the beach. I've hit a couple this past month. I think I got all the sinkers, lost lures, fish hooks, pop tops, and crushed beer cans. They should be ready to open now that I cleaned up all the trash.

I have been thinking about taking a magnet with me as well. If I do, I will take one of the new, powerful magnets. You know the kind that will pinch the skin off your fingers. With a magnet that strong and being so small (less than the diameter of a dime), you should be able to pull a magnetic item out of a pile of dirt or suspend the magnet in the hole and see (or feel) if there is anything magnetic in the hole.

Be careful with these magnets. Not only will two of them come together with enough force to injure your hand/finger, they will wipe any magnetic information in close proximity - like the stripe on you credit card!!!!!

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions