DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Fairview Heights, IL, USA, North America, Western
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Both just ordered).
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!
After long research and debating with myself, I finally purchased my first detector, a Garrett ACE 250,
along with a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT. I was lookiing for something not too advanced as I am presently
entering metal detecting and not just admiring those who do. I found a dealer who not only was
knowledgeable but also had a layaway plan, Indian Nations Detectors of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I
won't have the time during daylight hours to use them until probably mid-to-late July, so I'll just let
the anticipation of using them build as I pay them off. Hopefully I'll be posting some great finds not
too long after I start.

Happy Hunting!

P.S. I found out today that the day my purchase was finalized, April 3rd, was the same day that
Charles L Garrett, the founder of Garrett Detectors, passed away. Odd how I was reading up on him
in the catalogue a few days before and thinking it would be great to pick his brain if I ever was lucky
enough to meet him. It looks like our meeting will be postponed for the time being. RIP Charles.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the Garrett 250! You will really enjoy the machine...good luck hunting this year.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DJS3; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. Look forward to your Posts and pictures. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have the same setup I have. You're going to love them both. Welcome to T-net.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck, you did well in picking machines... hope to see some goodies posted soon!

OP
OP
DJS3

DJS3

Mar 3, 2015
Fairview Heights, IL, USA, North America, Western
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Both just ordered).
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi DJS3; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to the TNet. Look forward to your Posts and pictures. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Thank you, Barker.
I can already take a pretty good photo. Now just to find something good enough to share.
I lost a few brain cells while drinking 1 or 2 or 5 Sam Adam's Summer Ales at Quincy Market when it was something close to 100 degrees outside about 15 years ago. If you happen upon them, let me know. I sure can use them now. You'll even get a reward! :)

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck Nick! Be patient, learn the differences between the tones on the 250 and you will do well. My oldest finds were found with my 250 when I was just starting out a couple of years ago, a pair of 1919 wheaties found in my yard. You will find tons of nails and bottle caps but the 250 is awesome for finding coins and relics too. HH:thumbsup:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the hobby! ypu will be happy with your garrett! enjoy the new propointer AT as well! Cheers.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, Nick! You are now - officially - one of us...one of us...one of us...one of us... :tongue3:

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid for my ACE 250 in a one summer on the beach. Love it on the land and sand. Your choice would have been my recommendation and the pinpointer makes a perfect match. Give it a few weeks to get going, don't worry about what your finding , just dig it all at first. I have since gone to the ATPRO but I can honestly say that I haven't found anything yet that I would not have found with the 250.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. I hope you can find the time to enjoy your equipment. It is a great way to get outside and enjoy Mother Nature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread