guyatlantic

Mar 30, 2012
Alaska
Detector(s) used
MTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,

I am currently in Fairbanks, Alaska. I got orders for Fort Stewart, so I'll be heading that way soon. I am from North Carolina, I joined the boards in 2012 but I did more trolling than anything. I was wondering if anyone would be available to show me the ropes when I get in the area, August or September time frame.
I have detected on Dafuskie Island before but that would be the extent of my experience in that area.

Also, I will be buying a new detector when I get there, anyone have any suggestions for a surf detector for the beaches(salt and freshwater) and one for all around detecting. I haven't been able to do much of it here in Alaska, due to work days being so long. So I am out of the loop when it comes to what is good these days, the one I have was a starter detector I bought back in 2010 and I wanna move up.

I thank anyone for their time and look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't get a reply from someone in Georgia, farther down the Forums list at the bottom is T Net by location, it list individual states, you may want to post your question in the Georgia sub-forum.
Also check out the "metal detecting" and "beach hunting" forums for your questions about a water detector.
Hope to see you post some pics of awesome finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread