Footwear

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the weather changes from hip boots and waders to sneakers and flip-flops I would like to know what others wear in the surf. I am thinking of getting some kind of neoprene diving shoe with a hard sole that I can use this summer on the beach. Need something that won't come off in the surf and is heavy enough to kick my scoop. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg Suits my needs.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the NRS ATB Wetshoe. Nice hard soles, with side zippers and velcro arch strap. They go on easy and stay on. Easy to walk in and stand in. LeisurePro has them. The Henderson hard soled boots are good too.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tho I don,t need a Beach type Shoe, I'm still fretting over what kind of $100-$200 Boots to get.
Higgy knows his footwear .
GL
Davers

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size do you need. I bought a pair last year that are just too big. They felt ok until I wore them and got them wet, then they just slide around too much. They are size 11 Oceanics if I remember correctly.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What size do you need. I bought a pair last year that are just too big. They felt ok until I wore them and got them wet, then they just slide around too much. They are size 11 Oceanics if I remember correctly.

I used to like using a pair of 2mm neoprene socks, which are pretty cheap, and a pair of old running shoes or Chuck Taylors. When one or the other rotted out and died, it could easily be replaced. I don't know if you are like me, but I seem to be a storehouse for old footwear. Its good to repurpose them. One of the things I like about this setup is the way it keeps sand out. One thing I hate is wet skin and sand.

I'd have to say that the absolute hands-down best setup is a pair of fly fishing boots. Super durable, and super-adjustable. They will last practically forever if you are dunking around rivers and beaches. I've walked miles and miles in mine, looking for that perfect cast, so I think they are very worthy of any detecting expedition you can throw at them.

The cons: Heavy, which isn't noticeable in the water, and they are a pain in the tail to take off when the laces are wet.

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this mysterious thing you call "surf"? ;)
I wear Nike golf shoes in the woods.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread