treasureaddict

Apr 17, 2015
florida
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda super excited about getting started, did alot of homework, started with $5 auction metal detector, picking up my garrett at pro (used) tomorrow.
question? where in NE Florida can i metal detect, i've been reading you cant put your detector in the ocean without being in voilation of some law, i knom the 10 commandments, seems that we are limited as to where we can metal detect. i can do beaches but can not do below maen high tide level? i would hate to get arrested and my car impounded

THOUGHTS?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and congratulations!

You can detect: wherever you own. Wherever the owner or caretaker says it's OK. Anything else - could depend on local ordinances and rules. No idea about your beaches. You could try Googling metal detecting clubs in your area for some help & info. Or, if you are lucky, someone here is near you and will find this thread.

You could try being more specific on the Florida section of this website (click the word "Florida" on the line below to be taken there).

Florida

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can hunt in the water except for National Seashores and the treasures leases around Veto Beach where 1715 fleet sank. 95% of Florida beaches are legal to hunt in the water..

Go to our Beach and water forum, you will see lots of hunters..

KELLYCO*SCUBA*CHRIS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Apr 21, 2015
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CoRe/Relic/Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On behalf of KELLYCO Metal Detectors Welcome and if you need anything or have any questions please feel free to post on here and or contact me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread