My Very First Time....

P

PhilGold812

Hello everyone, How are you guys today.
First of all, this is a very nice site...
Yesterday I went to the beach to test my new metal detector, and boy, It didn't fail me. My first find was a rusty old nail then a chain link... oh well. Anyhow, I just wanted to ask. How come my detector can pick up signals from a rock? I dont quite understand. My settings are, all metal, sensitivity set to 5-6, and freq is set to 5-6 also. Am I doing anything wrong?
I know there are alot of expert hunters here pls I need some enlightenment.Thanks to all..
Hunppy hunting..

PhilGold812

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to T-net!! So glad you decided to join us and it sounds like you are off to a good start! I have also found "hot rocks" with my detector although not very often. Perhaps someone here has the same detector you have and can help you get the settings so that you will have them infrequently or help you in some way. Again, Welcome to the T-Net family!

OP
OP
P

PhilGold812

Thanks Cy...

Well I have an unknown brand of a metal detector. It is bcoz its cheap and its from australia...bought it on eBay...
And it is an ANALOG so i guess its hard for me to know if it is a metal or what not.
Thanks for the reply....

PG812

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have lots of Hot Coal around here. Its a pain in the neck, the detector can discriminate it out in most cases. However the pinpointer can't help but get set off from them. I just chuck them out of the way when I pinpoint them. You should be able to go on-line and get a manual for your detector if you can figure out the make and model. You then should be able to discriminate them.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread