Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a yen to detect all over the world... alas, I am stuck in FL...thanks for your service.:icon_salut:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yup...check youtube...a couple guys all over it....but they do very well..seems there is plenty of room for you to get in the mix...good luck and let us know

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I've heard of guys detecting there. Like especially on the beaches, since Asians are fond of their platinum & 22 to 24k gold. And apparently it's not a very widespread hobby still. So sometimes they can find good zones that are not being heavily exploited. It's something in the culture there that .... to the average Japanese person, it's a total mystery why ANYONE would be looking for things with metal detectors. I have bumped into that with Japanese tourists here where I'm at: They look at your like you're from outer-space, and can't figure why anyone would do this, haha

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard of guys detecting there. Like especially on the beaches, since Asians are fond of their platinum & 22 to 24k gold. And apparently it's not a very widespread hobby still. So sometimes they can find good zones that are not being heavily exploited. It's something in the culture there that .... to the average Japanese person, it's a total mystery why ANYONE would be looking for things with metal detectors. I have bumped into that with Japanese tourists here where I'm at: They look at your like you're from outer-space, and can't figure why anyone would do this, haha

I'm fond of any carat gold; pretty sure race nor ethnicity plays no major role. If I would have had my timeless detector, I would have loved to detect while in Japan; so much history and trading ports, never know what could be found seeing as how just about everything is imported there. Maybe hit up an old samurai castle or the many battlefields if it were allowed, wow!
Bigred has one heck of an opportunity...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread