Greenie
Apr 30, 2015
Mahone Bay
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett euroace, Teknetics omega 8000, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, was hunting with Rick_ns and found a Button. Does anyone have any ideas on info on it. Please and thank you. IMG_0347.JPG

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Freddy67; We need a clearer picture. Obviously it is Gold Gilted. That's all I can tell you with just that picture and no further info on it. From what I see it appears to be British in design. The Center Crest appears to have a Letter or Number on it. Can't make it out. Also what does the back say. REMEMBER : That design as been copied for ages but if you provide that info We can probably peg it for you ok. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a 20th century blazer button to me though I'm not good at IDing two piece buttons. I'm pretty sure that they still use those buttons if I am correct. The button you found would go on a person's formal or suit coat. Any writing on the back? If so that may help find the button manufacturer. Also, most blazer buttons will have some ornate designs on them that people may get confused with a military button.

300px-Blazer.JPG
Here's a photo of a blazer coat I found online, you can see the gold gilded brass button on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

freddy67

Greenie
Apr 30, 2015
Mahone Bay
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett euroace, Teknetics omega 8000, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Button.jpg
Thanks for the info. here is a Macro of the button. It was found in an old farmers field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread