Man, what a crappy day Ive had

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, what a crappy day I've had

Well, it started out by blowing out my left knee this morning at a job I've been working at for the past 3 weeks now. Came home and wrapped it up nice and tight, but still not good enough to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs where we are working. Anyways, I got bored and decided to cast some lead for some fishing lures that I make. Had a nice puddle of melted lead going in my furnace when I started to dump some more in from the can I put my scrap lead in from detecting. Out rolls what appeared to be a Sharps bullet right in the middle of the puddle :censored: In a split second it was melted. all that was left was the crust floating on the surface. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Sorry for the long rant, just had to blow off some steam.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Look on the bright side - with your luck today - the Sharps Bullet could have exploded!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Look on the bright side - with your luck today - the Sharps Bullet could have exploded!

Well.... yeah, that's true. Anyways you made me smile!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My week has been a lot like that to. Hopefully it ended today when I had tooth pulled. Look at the bright side it can only get better. Shame about the bullet. At least you had the pleasure of finding it. Hopefully you will get along well with your knee. HH RN

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Sharps is easier to replace than a knee I'm thinking, yes both things happening is a pain. Take care of the knee, it can be a life changer for many.

Hope the Sharps sinker will bring good luck, I can see the Ad now if you sell it later. "Casted from Civil War Era Lead"

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, feeling better now! Still racking my brain how that Sharps ended up in my scrap

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
cheer up, :occasion14:we all have bad days. soon the weather will be great and your knee will be better allowing for all the good stuff you enjoy. then comes the holiday season filled with goodies and freinds topped off with another round of taxes !
aint life grand? :laughing7:

I spent a good part of the day detecting what i thought would be a great spot only to find beer cap after beer cap never a single coin or even a pull tap for a change of pace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread