6 Awesome Treasure Hunt Finds by Amateurs...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great article... Thanks for sharing...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost want to buy a 2 box detector and go to either Europe or South America for an extended vacation.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just imagine what is still under the ground in the U.K

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my understanding that the Crown dose own the contents of the find but the finder gets paid the value of the find and 5-10% of the hord. I could be wrong though

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100s of 1000's of years of stuff still located underground and yet to be found. AAArrrrggggg!!!! Why do they have to be across the pond. I loved the article but did notice most was taken away by the government. I sat here and as I was reading it, I asked myself if I found it could I sneak it on a plane back home without telling no one.......I think I would be too excited to keep silent.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gives??:dontknow: Some were confiscated and some were not!! It would be hard NOT to tell someone....and if ya did, you would be in trouble if you didn't contact the proper authorities and they found out.:censored:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's what keeps me going!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff.
Glad to see Terry Herbert is #1.
I think in Britain, finds of a certain age must be turned into a coroner who, (with antiquities help), determines value. If items are considered "treasure", finder and land owner split the determined monetary value and the Crown �� keeps treasure. It then is hopefully conserved and displayed as in the case of The Staffordshire Hoard.
I think it's a good honor system. If not, all treasures mentioned in thread may have been melted or sold and never saved for the public.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread