Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thursday: Going to hit it hard. I mean it. Dang! I have been working my arse off... and I'm retired! This crap shouldn't be this way. I need to get some phat lewtz in my pouch or I'm going to go mental. :icon_scratch:

Hmmm... Saying "phat lewtz" is probably as annoying as saying, "roundness", and "nectar". Remind me never to use that term again. Gah! I throw up in my mouth a little every time I hear the word, "nectar" now. :censored:

Anyhow, back on subject. Is anyone else working their summer away like me? Gosh I tell you; I dreamt of gold and glory all winter long, and soon as the good weather hit I get busy doing everything else BUT detecting. I think I should have my head examined. Anyone else here fall into this category?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here all winter dreaming about how much detecting I'd do this year. Hit it hard in the spring and then got busy at work. Time Is precious knock on some doors in the oldest parts of town and find some goodies. Lets see some pics.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here. Been far too busy to try out my new F22 and only got to use my Tracker IV twice since winter's end. Kinda sad. :(

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Just remember, what you don't get, someone else will.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep same here. You figure you'll have more time when the weather is nice to get out and hunt, nope! Just the opposite, anything and everything needs fixing or something done...and it all has your name on it!
That's why I go out early Sunday mornings, before the world wakes up and finds me missing, and (gasp!) having FUN!
You'd think I was breaking a law or something!

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the way you think, MBB!

Yep same here. You figure you'll have more time when the weather is nice to get out and hunt, nope! Just the opposite, anything and everything needs fixing or something done...and it all has your name on it!

Precisely. I can't just build a new bathroom; it has to be perfect in every way. Why? Because like you say, its got my name on it.

That's why I go out early Sunday mornings, before the world wakes up and finds me missing, and (gasp!) having FUN!

Heaven Forbid you should do something you actually have fun doing! *gasp* :laughing7:

You'd think I was breaking a law or something!

Feels better that way, right? It's like smoking in the bathroom at school.

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, what is supposed to be a simple fix, in my life becomes a monstrous, complicated, time consuming, unending project....anyone have a large "STOP" button?

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. I have a perfectly nice yard in an old part of the city, I don't even have to go anywhere. I have found square nails, a musket ball, and even a 14 kt gold bracelet by the sidewalk - just by eyeball. But do you think I get to MD? Nooooo. Weeds need whacking, rose bed needs weeding, shrubs need trimming... But that's not even the real problem. The real problem is I'm completely and utterly incapable of having fun. I wouldn't even know what it looks like any more. As long as there's work that needs doing, I'll be there doing it. I could probably commit crime easier than I could have fun.

Gotta go make breakfast.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Higgy there's no such thing as retirement it just another word for you get to work at home doing what you didn't do while you were working. Retired for 8+yrs now and not even close in getting the list finished, have to to double duty to justify the time away swinging. Holiday for us today and I'm gutting out lower half of house getting it ready to be renovated, but I'd rather be swinging a coil and digging in the dirt.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually get to detect more in winter.
I'm in the roofing industry and things are hectic this time of year. If it ain't ranin', I'm workin'.
Thus, I thank The Lord for my ATPro!
Although, I take "personal days" for therapeutic purposes. Wink,wink.
Peace ✌

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem!!! I have to be the worst estimator in the world as to how long a job will take. I should have had my kitchen done a month and a half ago but it is never ending. I try to get out once a week on the weekend to dig for a couple of hours, BUT I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe this weekend I will be done :(

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to be the worst estimator in the world as to how long a job will take. :(

Tell me about it. Oh, and don't even ask me about the new bathroom I started LAST NOVEMBER, and the tractor rebuild I started in March.

-but-

The Deus is on the charger. I'm drinking some coffee. Today is the day!

By the way, I would appreciate it if nobody tells THESE GUYS how much I been slackin'!

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well here is my AAR from my old tavern spot.

I went detecting. Got there late. Searched a lot. Got a lot of modern stuff, and A LOT of rifle brass. They must have had a mini-war there. Wore myself out and went home discouraged. With every swing, all I could think about is what I still needed to get done at home. Bottom line is, I didnt get much of anything - oh, I did find a crotal bell and an old flat butting with some words inscribes inside that I cant make out even with my loupe.

I'll go back. A place that old have just GOT to have something. Its just a little discouraging that I didn't get a merc or even a silver rosie . :dontknow:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember, what you don't get, someone else will.

Wellllllll ..... come and get it then! I got plenty of iron horseshoes to go around here on the ridge top buddy. Knock yourself out.... :occasion14:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
The last copper I found was on the last day of May, I have not been finding as many relics lately either. I had a pretty bad staph infection on a very deep cut on my knee I got on the beginning of last month and was in the ER on IV antiboitics, I am fine now though and the cut has healed, I was a couple hours too late for stitches on the cut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread