Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received a personnel message from Dugfinds saying he has deleted his account with T net because of some thing that has been said, does any one out there no what has happened as I have been away from the forum for a while, if this is the case I think it's a sad state of affairs as there have been Manny a good post from him and he was always ready to give good advice, I think that he will be a great loss to the site .TK

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
4 Discoveries! / Today's Finds! / Re: Unique find on: May 17, 2007, 03:44:28 AM
Quote from: BuckleBoy on May 16, 2007, 06:51:07 PM
Again, we have a case of someone who said something that was misconstrued. Dugfinds stated that the one that he copied and pasted onto the thread was from WWI. I don't think anything in that statement undermined the validity of Sentinel's find at all. (IF YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING LISTED IN THE POSTS ABOVE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME WRONG. Yes, the one pictured is dated 1917, according to the website given above. So rather than continue to jump on each others' backs, let's straighten this out right now. I have been watching both Sentinel and Dugfinds' posts for a long time, and I have not seen anything edgy or spiteful from either one. I have also noticed that each and every thread started by these two contains relics and coins worth seeing and reading about. So to recap, the brush mentioned in the website above is WWI, but you can bet your @$$ that CW troops had ones that look like the relic Sentinel found. As I said earlier, nice find. Now holster up those pistols!

Buckleboy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dugfinds
Thanks Buckleboy. (glad someone from your side of the pond agrees, feels like i'm the target) Your completely right. I have never doupted that this item is CW. All I did was copy the image which another Tneter had found to show us all an example of what they looked like. I thought I was being helpful, however there seems to be alot of sensitivity here which is clouding judgement. I will say one last time "I think its a great CW find". Everyone happy?

Also I will take back my thoughts on Unique, go ahead & call it what ever you want, clearly my views on this site are not appreciated or respected. I will consider whether its worth my hassle posting again.

This might answer the reason Dugfinds leaving

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tyre kicker said:
I have received a personnel message from Dugfinds saying he has deleted his account with T net because of some thing that has been said, does any one out there no what has happened as I have been away from the forum for a while, if this is the case I think it's a sad state of affairs as there have been Manny a good post from him and he was always ready to give good advice, I think that he will be a great loss to the site .TK

TK,

I think it was a number of things culminating with a post entitled "Unique Find". I read some of it and it was, more or less, a pi$$ing contest about use of the "unique".

I have to agree that Dugsfinds brought a "unique" knowledge and perspective to the forum. I also enjoyed and appreciated his wit and humor. I will miss him.

DCMatt

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I enjoyed reading his posts, but I also think the bickering over a word was ridiculous. If that was his reason for leaving it sure was petty.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to every one with the replies..... I did not know the reason for his departure that is why I asked you guys as he did not want to go into details, I missed the thread that started his exit but what after what i have read it does seem a bit petty him leaving, his posts will be missed but I also think he will miss T Net :'( TK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions