Another Rock House

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bushwhacked into the Arkansas jungle today in hopes of finding some markings in an old shelter.

strh.jpg strh1.jpg strh2.jpg strh3.jpg

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good place to do some digging around,make yourself a simple sifter.Haul it in.

I agree with James and if nothing else is found besides the shelter? You have still found a jewel....

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
You have still found a jewel....

I agree,scrape the moss off there may be some engravings in the stone.That would make a hell of a get away place,put pitched or a flat roofing over the openings over head.How tall are those rocks?

OP
OP
D

DanielFrew

May 31, 2015
Dover, Ar
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rocks are around 40' tall. There were many markings on the rocks, just not what I was looking for.

Dan

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think a sifting session would be really cool, if allowed. Was thinking it would be a great looking place to live, the wife said maybe to hang out but no-way for a house! No sense of adventure. :)

S

stefen

Add a solar powered frig with a keg, add a TV and a couch and you get yurself a man cave.

Hang a shotgun over the entrance and all yur lacking is a short woman with a flat-topped head...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rocks are around 40' tall. There were many markings on the rocks, just not what I was looking for.

Don't fret. If treasure is there maybe the burier didn't subscribe to "Treasure Signs Monthly" and made up their own markings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread