Whats the average age of T-Netters If U dont mind

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 51 years old, been detecting since 98 and joined the Gold coin club in fall of 2006.

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
52. In my mind I'm still 19:) Body tells me different after Detecting for a couple days straight

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
36 yrs old. I used to say i stopped aging at 23 but i now have 3 kids under the age of 5 and they make me feel like i am 100 haha. i have only been detecting for just over a year but MD was something I was interested in since I was about 7 yrs old and I have always been a history buff.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36 yrs old. I used to say i stopped aging at 23 but i now have 3 kids under the age of 5 and they make me feel like i am 100 haha. i have only been detecting for just over a year but MD was something I was interested in since I was about 7 yrs old and I have always been a history buff.

36 and your kids are under 5?..thats pretty good.. Im 36 and my oldest is 13..lol...Nothing is stranger than having to take his phone away for looking at things he shouldn't be looking at on the internet :laughing7:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 54 my oldest is 37 youngest 34. seven grand kids. ranging from 16-2 yrs got it out of my system early!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am 51. Started hunting at the beginning of 2014... started finding in April 2014. I've worked in the technology industry for 25 years, have learned enough to be dangerous with a computer!

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 58.....started hunting civil war forts and sites (with step-dad) in Tennessee when it was still kosher to do so. I was 12 or 13 when that started.
Had an old Garrett, don't remember which one. 3 kids ages 33,29,26....2 sons, one daughter (29).....got custody of 2 of them (youngest son and daughter) when they were 3 & 6 and was a single dad for 15 years.

Last edited:

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60 years old. Been detecting on and off for over 30 years. Been serious about it the past 10 years. The little aches and pains are worth the joy of digging gold and silver.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I am 51. Started hunting at the beginning of 2014... started finding in April 2014. I've worked in the technology industry for 25 years, have learned enough to be dangerous with a computer!

I'm surprised you didn't design a mega-detector that gives a readout of everything in the ground, including shape, metal type, etc.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't mention it but it seems like the topic includes a few things I left out. I have two kids (5&2) and started detecting in December 2013. Metal detecting has become a healthy "drug" to me and good release of energy. I don't get much time but try to detect several times a week for 1/2 hour. I'm hoping once the little guy is old enough that he'll come along, allowing me to detect for a little longer.

Anyway, I like this thread. It shows a spectrum of members and the various phases of life we're all experiencing

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Scrappy, if you ever get real time to hunt, there may not be anything left for anybody in NJ! You are always posting awesome finds!

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll be 54 in September. I've been detecting for 3 years, but only regularly since May.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 42 but still act like I'm in my 20's even though I don't feel too invincible these days!
I started full scale bottle digging at 6 years old, found my first prehistoric finds at 12 (volunteer archaeological dig) and starting detecting at 13.

The fever was so bad that my dad became furious that I wouldn't get a job after a few years out of high school because I spent everyday detecting!
My life has been shaped by this "Hobby" as I only work enough to just get by so that I can detect everyday. My head's always in the past or thinking about digging.

Seriously, Dr. Phil should do a show on my condition!
I enjoyed reading everyone's posts! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Dave.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Bos'n mate:
"78 and my detecting days are about done. Get down to dig a target, can't get up. Worse though is wife's handicapped, she can't be left alone. Been detecting since the mid 60's. Started with a White's BFO unit. Found some good stuff, but never got rich. Lots and lots of history though."

Solution: Get a longer shovel !! and keep diggin'
All the best,
Don....

That's easier said than done. I blew a couple of disc's in my lower back, and the pain was terrible, the skin on my left leg felt like it was on fire and not just my back hurt, but my leg hurt down to my left knee. Signed up for an operation to get it fixed, and had to wait in line for my turn. By the time of the operation there was still pain, but it was getting better and I should have just let it go at that point. But I went ahead, and she did something to my sciatic nerve on the right hand side that really weakened that leg, and my left leg was even worse, to get in the car I had to pick the leg up with my hands, but all the pain was gone. By now, my left leg is getting stronger than my right leg, but both legs are weak, and I can't walk far. I've thought about detecting with a walker, which basically be taking my chair on wheels with me, and every now and then I could sit and rest. You know, park the walker, detect the area, rest a bit, move the walker and detect. Use a long handled shovel to dig targets. I'd have to get someone to stay with my wife and I'd be good to go. Just might do that after it starts raining and the ground is a little easier to dig.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, if you cut off my leg and counted the rings it would show I was 60. Bought my first detector back in 72 for $29.95 at the OTASCO store. (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company) It was a fine piece of equipment, and I found a lot with it. You would walk along, scanning the ground, keeping your eyes on the ground, and maybe you'd glance over to the right and see where somebody dropped a dime. Maybe look to the left and spot a quarter. Once I found a ten dollar bill off to the side. My best find with that, a buried Volkswagen. Dumped off the side of a creek and then covered up by floods. I left it for future generations to discover.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's easier said than done. I blew a couple of disc's in my lower back, and the pain was terrible, the skin on my left leg felt like it was on fire and not just my back hurt, but my leg hurt down to my left knee. Signed up for an operation to get it fixed, and had to wait in line for my turn. By the time of the operation there was still pain, but it was getting better and I should have just let it go at that point. But I went ahead, and she did something to my sciatic nerve on the right hand side that really weakened that leg, and my left leg was even worse, to get in the car I had to pick the leg up with my hands, but all the pain was gone. By now, my left leg is getting stronger than my right leg, but both legs are weak, and I can't walk far. I've thought about detecting with a walker, which basically be taking my chair on wheels with me, and every now and then I could sit and rest. You know, park the walker, detect the area, rest a bit, move the walker and detect. Use a long handled shovel to dig targets. I'd have to get someone to stay with my wife and I'd be good to go. Just might do that after it starts raining and the ground is a little easier to dig.

Dang Bud........ If I were there I would push you around and have you run the machine, then I'd dig the hole. We'd be a hell of a team. Probably get our own show " dilapidated diggers " Best of luck!!

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Bud........ If I were there I would push you around and have you run the machine, then I'd dig the hole. We'd be a hell of a team. Probably get our own show " dilapidated diggers " Best of luck!!
I have a better idea for that situation. Take an old riding mower...mount the metal detector in the front....have an automatic digger mounted underneath the tractor...all controlled by computer software that tells you what you are digging.. how deep it is.....then digs the target and it's dumped into a bucket. Covers the hole back up and you're off to the next target. The tractor would have to be converted from gas to electric to avoid all the noise when riding through state parks and civil war sites...........Just here mowing the grass for ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did I wait till my later years to come up with ideas like this...........I'm not on any kind of medications either....still young as a buck at 58.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45 and holding! 7 kids from ages 23 to 13 with 6 of them being girls! Mostly bald as you may have guessed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread