Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would probably be a target rich area, but you better be prepared to dig a LOT of trash. Every flood plain that I've been in is loaded with cans and bottle caps. If you can stand it there's probably good stuff there

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wear gloves, as floods tend to also wash out cemeteries, septic tanks, leach fields and wastewater treatment plants.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you do detect it, let us know the type detector you use and if it seemed excessively noisy. I have noticed the detector I WAS using ( AT Pro ) hated fill dirt and would be very chattery. I was wondering if flood deposits were the same. I live near a river so most fields along it get flooded often.

OP
OP
Meucci

Meucci

Aug 8, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on hunting it Sunday. There is a creek just right behind their property that caused all the wash up. I will be an AT Pro with 5x8 coil. The sand at their back fence is covered with about 3 feet of new sand. The rest is an hay field, I'll be sure and post whatever I can find. Hopefully no skeletons. I'll have a couple of my younger cousins to the digging for me. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread