Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yipee! We got rain last night, expecting more and one of my favorite spots got 1.5" last night. Can't wait to go back.

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming down nicely here in Greenwich!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still dry here, but its coming-- I just hope not to much-- 2006 and 2011 we had major flooding

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Still dry here, but its coming-- I just hope not to much-- 2006 and 2011 we had major flooding

I was just explaining to my wife that the rain needs to come nice and easy so it can be absorbed. Too fast and it just runs right off the soil and down the street.

Maybe an inch a day for a week would be ideal but beggars can't be choosers.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yipee! We got rain last night, expecting more and one of my favorite spots got 1.5" last night. Can't wait to go back.

X2. I have a few spots that come alive in the rain, and one I suspect does!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah lastnight up here in northeast PA we got drenched....the best part is it all soaked right in...im sick of digging in the dust. were gonna get more rain today im pumped for a while there in the spring i didnt think it was ever going to stop but now i miss it oh so much! goodluck to all digging in this fine weather! im goin out shortly!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been so long since I have seen it I was scared when it started last night . Didn't remember what that strange stuff was

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah lastnight up here in northeast PA we got drenched....the best part is it all soaked right in...im sick of digging in the dust. were gonna get more rain today im pumped for a while there in the spring i didnt think it was ever going to stop but now i miss it oh so much! goodluck to all digging in this fine weather! im goin out shortly!

Awesome. We've had drizzle with sporadic downpours by me for almost a day. I'm headed out this afternoon to see what's shaking. Hopefully it won't be pouring!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hear ya, I'm tired of chiseling rock hard dirt and having plugs crumble to dust! Soon enough the weather will cool off a bit the ground will be soft and have enough moisture to amplify those signals!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's supposed to pour tonight up here then settle down Friday afternoon. Even if it's raining ,I'll be out. My last coin came in the rain. I second that notion that I might not recognize it,be like those kids in pleasentville:tongue3:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I hear ya, I'm tired of chiseling rock hard dirt and having plugs crumble to dust! Soon enough the weather will cool off a bit the ground will be soft and have enough moisture to amplify those signals!

It was pouring out so I ended up not going today since it was pouring out. But I did sink my shovel into the ground on the way home to see how far the rain soaked in.....maaaaaaybe 1.5":( hopefully it'll soak in better overnight

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel for you guys up there....hoping the weather gives you good hunting this fall..... My rainy season down here needs to end asap, but wont till Oct or so.... my best permissions of late have had saturated turf, to the point once the plug is made, water fills the hole:BangHead: Makes for a muddy, nasty hunt...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, it would take several days of slow soaking rain to do any good. An overnighter isn't going to do much when it was dust several inches deep.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel for you guys up there....hoping the weather gives you good hunting this fall..... My rainy season down here needs to end asap, but wont till Oct or so.... my best permissions of late have had saturated turf, to the point once the plug is made, water fills the hole:BangHead: Makes for a muddy, nasty hunt...

Yeah that ain't fun either. Sounds like some of our spring hunts up here

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, it would take several days of slow soaking rain to do any good. An overnighter isn't going to do much when it was dust several inches deep.

The ground is some dry. Looks like I'm going to get the several days of soaking rain though.sucks now but will be good later! [emoji2][emoji106]

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually had to water the garden for the first time this past week, been a really wet year, 20 miles to the south on the St Lawrence bone dry, lawns are crispy, shrubbery has taken a beating from no moisture. It seems like a fine line how the weather patterns run now a days, it's calling for a inch over the next few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread