Pennsyvania and Ohio treasure hunters where are you

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just starting this thread because some of us get discouraged that we don't seem to get any feedback from people in our area's that metal detect. Please don't get upset, maybe we are from area's that many people don't detect or even own one, or heck maybe there isn't much in our direct area to be found. I myself stay local, search buhl park, ball fields, open fields you get my point. I can honestly say using my whites dfx detector 10 years old but still good I have not found anything that really is old, for example the oldest coin was 1916 penny, many other coins used today, found keys, toy cars, much scrap cans . Anyway its not about taking your favorite hunting places I believe in doing my own home work to search but again if any of you from Mercer County, Pa or Trumbull County, Ohio would love to share anything please do. Some people like to search alone some with friends, but this area is depressed in many ways, lack of quality jobs , mostly older folks. So give your opinion and share your thoughts, oh and have a great day.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX is a fine machine, I use a 10x12 sef coil in the fields and run it on relic mode, bump up the pag [gain] to 3 and have nice success with deeper coins--good luck :icon_thumleft:

gibby555

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
OHIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi from Findlay ohio leaving for florida to metal detect next week for a week or so

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am up north in Warren County and a total noob. I have hit a few ball parks but haven't found much other than Clad. I always hit an area then after an hour or so of finding nothing I give up lol... Not comfortable enough yet to start getting permissions

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the Mercer area, have made many good finds around Grove City

MercerDigger

Greenie
Jan 16, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro

Coils
5x8
8.5x11
2 NEL Storm's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am between Mercer and Grove City. Biggest problem around here is everything was stripped mined then bulldozed so when you look at old maps things that should be there will be a mile down the road because of them cleaning up after all the mining. I happen to live on one of the mines and I can tell you for a fact they put buses cars and what ever else they can to fill the mines and what not. The other bad thing is Game lands out the butt and you can detect them BUT not dig or take anything from them. there are old sites around here but also off limits to detecting "nation historical sites". The 3rd is Posted property once in a while you can get permission for them but most of time you will get turned down. Now closer to Hermitage/Mercer/Grove City ect.. that wasn't striped mined is fair if you can find the places. The local parks in Grove city is detected a lot by a old timer he is a nice guy I have talked to him a few times and gave me a few pointers and places to hit.

There are also many other places to go look for stuff rather with a detector or just your eyes For instance The Dam that burst up in potter county there is still a Safe with the payroll missing after all them years 30k inside of it (its not a myth its recorded in public record) and the Polk Mail plane crash with the diamonds on board only 700 Recovered still 375 diamonds unaccounted for.

I am also open to hunting with other's though first got to find places through research which I been doing a lot of lately I got tons of old timer friends who I been picking there brains and going through public records and old maps ect.. I started making calls and going out to ask for permission and what not but nothing that is worthy of a group hunt at the moment.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is there are so many people running around with detectors these days it makes it hard to find any thing good..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread