Relic Restorers wanted for TV.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
i checked the show list from the link, ive never seen any of those shows
they did do a lot of shark shows,most of the shows look like the thriller type.
hard to believe i lived in the tampa area for 11yr, was in the gulf and the
Atlantic a lot never saw a shark, saw some barracuda in the keys, small like 3-4ft

Did you sleep most of the time while you were out on the water? I ask because I lived and worked in Key West for almost 6 years and not only saw dozens of sharks of practically every species known to frequent the Florida Keys Gulf of Mexico and Florida Straights waters. I even caught and hooked a few sharks over the years I was there. In fact, I was on a Charter Boat and had just landed a 25 pound Black Fin Tuna, was resting in my' Fighting Chair after the 30-something minute fight with the fish when the Mate told me to drop the bail again on the Deep Sea Penn Reel and Rod combo I was using. I asked why and he pointed to my right (Port Side) and showed me a Shark (not sure what species but might have been a huge Brown) traveling the opposite direction from the boat that was literally as big as a Motor Boat, no crap. While it is hard to judge size at some distance while on the water, based on how it looked to me and others compared to our perspective of the Charter Boat we were on, the shark appeared to be much more than 12 feet long. Well, I dropped the bail on the reel but sat there praying that that huge shark did not see or go after the Ballyhoo on my' hook and luckily it did not.

Frank

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I will note that while it is one thing to preserve (conserve) relics such as Civil War or Revolutionary War related items, it takes a completely different skill set to restore the same or similar items. Also, depending upon the metal or other composition of some items, some can only be preserved and not restored nor should they. The attempted restoration of some items, often completely destroys their' collectibility and value!

Frank

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Hopefully he'll post his finds here. Images please - no videos. ;-)

Or go ahead and post video links as well. Many members here enjoy treasure related content in various forms. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread