Anyone else have trouble sleeping the night before hunting a new site?

danger67

May 30, 2007
friendship,NY
Detector(s) used
x terra 705/ fisher f75se
My cousin bought a house last year and it was built in the 1800's we talked last week and he said he would like me to run the metal detector around in his yard and basment. Well we decided on today as a good day to do it only i couldn't sleep at all last night got maybe 2 hours all night i was too excited and just wanted to get out and hunt lol. Well am i alone on this or do others have the same problem?

Thanks for reading, Dan

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
sounds normal to me....anytime you are real excited about something in the morning you tend to keep checking to see if it is morning yet! ;)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
danger67,

do not listen to everyone ;) ;D

It is not normal not to sleep.

If it was normal not to sleep, :-\ you
would never sleep. Think about it. :P

all have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I'm like a kid on Christmas when it comes to a new spot to dig. I'll plan on leaving at 7:00am after eating breakfast. I'll end up leaving at 5:45am and being the first thru the drive thru at McDonald's.

You are perfectly normal.

DM

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
if its a promising spot ill think about it constantly! :P ..........come to thimk of it even if its a crummy spot i still think about it constantly ::)

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disrupted sleep before a new dig is par for the course for a MDer - just like the looks your friends give you when get all enthusiastic talking about spending hours in the freezing cold or burning sun to find a few pennies ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope I always sleep well. (But I daydream more...)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
is it alot like when you got all stoked up as a kid (can't sleep --kinda antzy) the night before hunting season opened on your first hunt? ---it fairly normal to get "stoked" looking forward to doing something fun---just means you got "fire" in soul--nice to see that you still get excited about stuff---kinda hard to get old timers --fired up but when it happens--- its kinda cool to see--some folks sadly "out grow it" --others don't---hope that you don't-- it is often what makes life fun----Ivan

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Used to....nowadays I need all the sleep I can get. But I do know the feeling. I used to be that way when we took cross country trips home to see the family or when I had an orginzed hunt to attend.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I'm the same way, I do sleep by going to bed early but I'm up at 4:30 and waiting for local Tim Hortons to open for coffee at 5. BTW I live right down the road from you danger, I'm from around Ellicottville so if you wanna team up some time pm me.

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the time.. no. However its completely normal to be anxious about it. I would have a hard time sleeping the night before if I had a mission-era or a virgin site with high potential to search. There are a couple days a month where I will have to take 10mg of Ambien (a sleeping aid) that knocks me out for an 8-hr period and I WILL NOT WAKEUP during that time but you'll have to check with your doctor before taking.

M-Squared

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread