digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Titan 3000xd metal detector about 6 years ago. I moved to a small town, and found out there was some history, so I figured I'd get one and see what I can find. The first time out was in my yard, and I found a Coal Miner's Tag from the early 1900's. Then I got busy with work for the next 6 years, and never really used it.

Can anyone tell me where the Titan ranks with other detector's. I'd like to use it as a loaner, and it would be nice to know what it is best used for.

Thanks!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Titan 3000 is the radio shack version of the Bounty Hunter 3300. Both are cheaper versions of the Fisher F4. It is a mid level detector. I used the Fisher F4 most of last season. Mine had the 11" DD coil. It will make a great loaner/backup detector. The biggest difference between the bounty hunter, radio shack and fisher versions is the VDI number ranges. They are broken down into the same segments so foil will ring in as foil, it's just that it will show a different VDI number reading for each of the 3 models I named earlier.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Loco! Think i'll take the ATP and the Titan out and do some number/sound comparisons, so I can tell whoever what to look for.

Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread