Kit setup

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that this may be someplace in the basement of this thread but here it goes. This winter I would like to find a good way to set up my kit. I need a new pouch and I see people wearing some kind of vest that had many pockets on and they attach there pin pointer to and what not. Any recommendations would be great

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a canvas AWP carpenter's belt pouch I got at Lowes. Made it unique with a military belt buckle and dyed it green. I found a couple rare-earth magnets on a base and attached that to an inner pocket to hold my digging tool in place. To line the main (trash) pocket I cut the base off a detergent bottle that fills it tight and allows me to dump it out easy at home. The smaller pockets are for better finds and a zip-loc bag inside one for best finds. I also have a note pad for a log of date, location and what I found. My pinpointer fits in the plier/screwdriver side pocket. This was like a whoppin' $10 plus another $6 for the belt.

HPIM1702.jpg

The fisherman's vest sounds like a good idea as well. Use a net zinger for the pinpointer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing vests have places to attach bungee cords for harness pin pointers etc and have multiple pockets.... I picked up a couple at a thrift store...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I am swinging the stock coil I use a nail apron for my finds. They cost less than a dollar at Home Depot. When I swing the 15" coil I wear a set of army LBE with a finds pouch. It had a bungee cord attached to act as a detecting buddy. I attach my Lesche digging tool to the top strap of my right knee pad. I am right handed and do not have anything mounted on my right side at my waist so as to not obstruct my swinging motion.

OP
OP
W

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently running a fanny pack that I used when I was an EMT. The pockets are good it has an area got trash and the other for treasure. I need something different for my small digger (standard LOWES special) and a spot for my cheap pin pointer. I am looking to make changes this winter and the ideas I have seen here are good. Thanks for the help

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a vest, look for a "fishing vest" but most people don't use them. They get very hot in the summer, and the mesh ones will leave your shirt streaked in dirt and mud from pinpointers, finds, trash, etc.

This is the "coin elite" pouch. I use the larger "relic elite" version and will say they are extremely well made (made in the USA too) and will last a lot of years of very heavy use. They are made by omegamill, I highly recommend them!

pouch.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread