ace 250 to whites xlt

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
anyone gone from ace 250 to a whites xlt? if so did you get more depth,more accurate ideas on when to dig and when not to. I looking to buy one and am curious if i go to some of the place i've hunted with the ace 250,(i've found wheat pennies at a number of sites with it) if i'm likely to find better, deeper targets. or is it not worth the additional money.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
For the money the ACE250 is a great buy. Going to the XLT you will definitely want to hit all those spots again. If I had the patience to learn the XLT I would just go ahead and jump up to the DFX but I don't so I swing an MXT. Either way you are about to step up your game.

ENJOY

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite an upgrade to be sure. You are going to have to be patient and learn your new machine. It has pre-programed modes, but a lot more bells and whistles to find its real potential. A good, solid machine from all I have read on the net. Monty

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
You will get more information but really not much more real useable depth if you use the larger coil on your Ace (which is more of a fair comparison to the stock coil on the Whites)

BTW, don't take this as a slam on the Whites at all. I went from an Ace250 to a Whites DFX (and have NOT looked back)

I know what the Ace can do. It's a LOT more impressive than what many give it credit for. The XLT will enable you to make better decisions and dig less junk because of the increase in info given (also more accurate depth indication).
There are things you can do to find targets VERY deep on your Ace.

Just make the jump to the DFX if you're gonna change.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
I disagree wholeheartedly on the fact that the XLT will not give you much more useable depth over an Ace250 with the large coil. Once you understand the XLT operation , you can set the controls to give you a considerable amount more performance with more depth being one of the advantages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions