Treasure Cove 3020 Detector Use

Lucky John

Dec 20, 2015
Coquille, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a Treasure Cove 3020 for my wife. And I have a MXT Pro. Does anyone have any good information on how the Disc, Notch and Disc notch are set up for normal use and when is the best use of each. She does fine in the All Metal but digs everything. Any help would be appreciated. The manual that comes with the MD was pub in 2008 and leaves much to be desired.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd run it in disc mode just to get the 3 tones. She can decide to dig low tones or not. I used a TC1023 when I started in May 2014. I liked the 3 tones much better than the all metal single tone. Mine had knobs and I used a nickle to set my disc. Depth can be determined by simply raising the coil as swinging over the target. You can gage the depth by target. Simple but effective machines. It should ID a quarter at 7" no problem and may get to 8" if you dig iffy's.

OP
OP
L

Lucky John

Dec 20, 2015
Coquille, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for taking the time to respond Loco-Digger. I started trying your advice right away and it gives us another approach to use, I like it. The tones work great after working with them. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread